Thursday, November 01, 2007

myCareer

Haih...

Bachelor life was good. You only think of yourself, just you you you, want to go home early? Just drop it and go! You want to play sports? Just drop it and go!

But once happily attached, life does get better.

However, theres a flip side to it. You realize you are on that road to adulthood, journeying through maturity, on a path where theres a greater destination awaiting you. And sometimes on this path, in order to reap the desired rewards, there is a price to pay.

I want nice holidays for my wife and kids. I want my kids to have a good education. I want them to lead a comfortable life, with a neat tidy house and lots of books and good music and great food. Although the best things in life, such as appreciating a girlfriend's legs, are free, some things do need to be paid for financially. And so, I realize I do need a career.

It is time to buckle down. I complain a bit, but I have in a way resigned myself to my lot. Looks like it is going to be working hard and investing in my career from this point on. Got to put myself in a position to command the salary requisite to lead and provide the lifestyle outlined above.

It does piss me off a bit though. How come people in other industries can earn so much more? I guess it boils down to whether I want to take a risk and move to another industry where it is potentially more lucrative or to focus and specialize in my current. If specialize, this is a good spot to be in for the next yer or 2, and if move, it's best to start seeking now and procrastinate no longer.

This is sounding really like a broken record...

No comments: