Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Of sea dives and sky jives...

Reading a bit of news this morning, and came across this article about a couple who went diving in Queensland, surfaced too far from their chartered boat, drifted in the seas for almost 24 hours, and were finally rescued. Luckily for them, they were rescued. I watched Open Water a few years ago, right after my trip to the Great Barrier Reef, and was slightly haunted by it. In Open Water, the couple who also surfaced too far from their dive boat were never seen again.

The places mentioned in the article, the scenarios here and in Open Water, are eerily similar, and what makes it so scary, is that I can really relate to it, based on my trip to the GBR while I was at Cairns, a few years ago. The fact that it is so highly possible, out of such ordinary circumstances, is what is chilling.

At any rate, I really think that if you do go diving, please, do not for the sake of adventure, lose sight of your chartered boat. Watch Open Water…the helpless fear, sense of regret, feeling of responsibility for the demise of your loved one who trusted you to guide them back to the boat…it is all too much.

Kinda depressing…so, for some slightly more upbeat developments.

If you think the hot hunk 2 rows in front is hot, next time you find yourself on a plane,
you can actually sms him and flirt with him. Have you ever wanted to do that? Do you wonder how you can do that? Well, wonder no more, for the idea is finally executable. Apparently, people can do that on NZ Airlines nowadays.

Well, that certainly floods my head with ideas and possibilities.

And I don’t really agree to it. The best response, if someone tried that with me, would be to ignore it. I wouldn’t even bother replying. I’d just ignore it, and if I seem rude, then so be it, or the person can just assume it’s a malfunction. I dare say no female would be as forthcoming as to walk over to me and tap my shoulder and go ‘hey mister…’, and I dare say no female would march up to the air stewardess and complain that her system isn’t working coz apparently I’m not responding. That’d be the case, whether or not I am single, because I don’t think that is a decent way of coming on to someone; why not just march up and say ‘hi’?

But it’d be a good way to test the loyalty of one’s partner, don’t you think? So, if you know your boyfriend is flying Air NZ on flight X, get a hot female friend to get on the same flight, test him out, and have her come back to report to you on his responsiveness.

No comments: