Thursday, January 11, 2007

Female fringe


OK hope this self-drawn Paintbrush pic isnt too scary.
I am trying to illustrate a currently quite popular female hairstyle - the horizontally straight right across the forehead fringe. Please excuse my bad drawing - I couldnt be bothered searching for samples. It was quite popular when I was in Melb, among the Taiwanese/Korean/Singaporean students. You saw it all the time at these Oriental type restaurants - the waitresses in their little horizontal fringes. Taiwanese-styled girls from Singapore with gold dyed hair, knee high boots, furry jackets and that fringe.
It is like as if someone placed a bowl on top of her head, and proceeded to cut around the edges of the bowl to give it that look.
Now, my point is this. What is so attractive about this style? I mean I don't mean to knock or bang you personally. Just the style. It makes girls look dumber and sillier than they really are. They have that blur gong suaku look. They might be very competent professionally but a lot of credibility is lost if I was the boss, judgemental as I am.
Judgemental judgemental.
Its like I would walk up to such a girl, 'Hey Wendy, can you [catches glimpse of hair. Pauses. Looks. Thinks a bit. Gulps. Incompetent! Alarm bells ring]. Hey, I bet you are busy. Nevermind I get someone else to do.' I know. I am damn judgemental right? Terrible.
I would be passing a task to such a girl to do and she would look right back up at me with soft big wide innocent bambi beseeching eyes blink blink the 2 hands like a rabbit and the hair like that. Kinda makes you worried if she can handle it.
Girls who look like there also tend to be insipid. I.e. no mind of their own just mindlessly cling onto their boyfriends. The kind who is the only girl on the bball court, watching her bf friend. Who watches whatever movie the bf wants. The girl who might sit beside him when he plays his PC games. You know the drill. The insipids.
Insipid insipid.
Of course I am generalizing here. Some can pull it off quite well. The China doll. The Asian ahem.
But for the rest...trying to look like cute cute Taiwanese girls...makes you lose credibility. Try not to be so insipid - have some self worth, self respect and dignity.

No comments: