Friday, June 06, 2008

Beyond beyond beyond!

Wow, it has been a Beyond fever fortnight.

At work, everyday has been mind numbingly, frighteningly full of figures, numbers, Excel, SAP, DWH, formulas, etc. Normally what gets me through the day is being able to very quietly listen to my beloved Beyond.

Top 5 rock bands in the world. Ever.

But my new colleague YP has turned out to be a v v knowledgeable and enthusiastic Beyond band as well, and she knows all the old songs as well, even songs that r terribly obscure that no true Beyond fan would know. So I’ve been able to ramp up my volume a tad, which makes for a good working environment. It’s always good to work with someone who also likes the same songs you listen to while working.

Then I found out that for one of the videos they used on Astro to raise money for the earthquake victims, they used a Beyond song as the theme!!! They just changed the lyrics, and all the HK artistes, the notable who’s who, all sang in it, even those who were criticised incessantly by Beyond. And this is 15 years after the demise of WKK.

Talk about lasting effect right? And then the other day, my friend who don’t really listens to Chinese songs, smsed me telling me he caught himself actually listening to and bopping along to and humming to a Beyond song on radio.

That was awesome. Converting friends, and knowing that even today they still play their tracks on radio. Very warm.

No comments: