Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I WANNA BREAK FREE!!

This job of mine, which I’ve been doing for the past 6 months, is not bad for the work in itself. It involves lots of number crunching and statistical analysis, and you can spot trends and stuff, which is pretty cool.

The problem is, the effing problem is, that it basically involves me sitting at my table for the entire day, the only exercise being the clicking of the mouse.

Now, anyone who knows me, will know that this is just not me. I made my name here as a dynamic, active person, always on the move, on the go, on the ball, and scooting around the production floor, marching from machine to machine, inspecting things and talking to people.

Now, I basically sit at my freaking desk, and people who walk past and see me here, always come up to me and express their sympathies. And everyone says, it is just so not me. Which I totally agree! Everyone thinks it’s a waste and a pity that I am slowly wasting away here, in this inactive state.

I hate walking in, pulling out my chair, and staying rooted to the same spot, and not moving throughout the entire work day, and just sit there. Which is why reading my basketball news online occasionally is so important, as it is my only way of tapping into something that remotely resembles sports. And sports is in my DNA.

It’s tough, it really is. This makes me really look forward to my basketball sessions, my (trying to re-kickstart it) gym sessions, and most of all, being able to just chill in the sun. That’s all I want, is to lie there in the sun, and chill, and feel the heat on my back. Really, and read a book.

I can feel myself becoming weak and falling sick. I can feel my myscles atrophying. This is a slow painful death. You might as well just slowly start stabbing me to death with a dessert fork. I NEED an active lifestyle.

No comments: