Monday, October 30, 2006

Work!!!

Aish..it is 8 40am on a Monday morning. The blues have kicked in - hard.

I took leave 2 Fridays ago, and havent been at work since. Really having fun, enjoying my time, partying, living it up, travelling here n there. Refusing to give up my hols, and ended up going out last night and returning home at like 3am.

Does that make me immature and unable to face the realities of life?

Nooo...really not looking forward to the daily bump n grind of work. P'haps I am overloaded, too much expectations...my manager is a great manager, he really coaches me, but sometimes I wonder whether he is even aware of all the stuff he is piling on me. Can die wan..

The company has a huge ass company gathering this morning, at 9 30am at a hotel in PJ. Its for all management levels and involves everyone being updated on company progress/outlook and is held a few times a year. I have .. 45 mins to shower brush teeth wash face dress n get there.

grr..and at 8am the manager called, and spent 10 minutes on the phone outlining the tasks he wants me to do today.

actually i SHOULD be IN the office by 7 30. so i guess the fact that i was still groggy from sleep and yet he chose to ignore it is a good thing in itself.

ok boring post, just trying to psyche myself up for the week ahead.

well lets see what i did exactly a week ago. still in singapre.


me and the cousin woke up and went to balestier road for supposedly famous chicken rice. it was quite good but a bit oily.



the place looked interesting, with its old world (cheap maintenance) deco.



and then we loitered ard orchard, trying different places to chill out, logon the net, people watch and chat. this place seemed quite cool, with its 'pods' like layout aka star wars.


and then we headed to starbucks. now i must say i am a big fan of starbucks. i just love the whole experience of sitting there, people watching, in an aircond environment, with my laptop, the strains of Coralie Clement's Samba de mon coeur qui bat (a song i first heard and subsequently obtained, when i was working as a waiter in an established and upmarket thai restaurant in Melbourne). theres something to be said for sitting there sipping a san pellegrino, whatever jazz soothing ur nerves, and not having to work, enjoying the aircond, ppl watching, surfing the net, conversing with good company. ahh...


we were then tempted to play checkers on the table..


and we were distracted by this gross/cute sight of some birds (vultures) attacking the plate/cups left behind by patrons..
ok shit...better go for work...and stop reminiscing. grow up boy, grow up! face ur responsibilities! not a child anymore...and shit how to make it in 20 minutes?!

No comments: