Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Some thoughts

Yesterday morning my mum was sick. Took her to hospital, where they took blood tests and gave her an IV drip. Then she was discharged. While all this happened, I snapped some photos of her. I intend to stick these up somewhere prominent so she is constantly reminded that she has to eat right and exercise and take care of her health.

Life is fragile, boys and girls. I do not like seeing my parents, who used to be my rock and pillar, being sick and old. I feel sad feeding medicine to my mum. I feel sad seeing her in pain.

Which is exactly why I have always harped on her to eat right, rest well, and exercise regularly.

Time flies. Much of it goes by in a blink. Make sure your parents are aware of these. Don't leave it til it is too late. By the time they regret, they would be robbed of their dignity. Sitting on top of chairs with in built toilet bowls. Peeing in their pants. Shitting in their pants. Needing to carry shitbags around. Being a shadow of their former magnifique selves. Needing their kids to change their soiled clothing.

If you love them, don't let them get to that stage. Do whatever it takes, be disciplined, be harsh. Then at least, though they are old, they still can enjoy their grandkids. And that would be them living out one of their life's ambitions. Thats the reason why they slogged hard n long n sacrificed much for us. And they can finally enjoy the fruits of their labour, playing among her grandkids, but only with health. And thats the greatest gift we can give them back. Love thy mother.

No comments: