Sunday, June 03, 2007

I. Love. Sally.

I went to Sally Yeh's concert in Genting. Who is she?

This is Sally Yeh.



She is intelligent. She is spirited. She is active. She is spunky. She is funny. She is lively. She is warm. She is nice. She is pretty. She can dance. She likes sports. She has character.

  

She can sing and dance to fast songs.



Yet be versatile enough to perform soulful heart warming ballads.



She does up her hair the way I like it. See that high ponytail!? Shudder.



As a kid, I used to hear a lot of her songs thanks to my mother being a big fan. So when I heard she was coming down, I decided to surprise my mum and then drove her up to Genting for Sally's concert. She was fantastic!!! She was very funny, joking non stop, witty jokes, and poking fun at her husband. Her singing is v good, as she can sing just as well as Whitney Houston (she covered I Will Always Love You), Celine, Memory from Cats, and Ricky Martin's Livin La Vida Loca, among others.

She grew up in Canada, so she is very Western oriented, and speaks English with a very sexy accent. Her Cantonese is also spoken in a very sexy accent. She can't read or write Chinese, relying on people to translate the Chinese characters into phoenetics. Like me! At her concert, I could feel her genuine warmth, her niceness. And to top it off, her crowd engagement is fabulous. She asks them up on stage to dance with her, to hug her, to sing with her, she goes down from the stage and marches AROUND the arena, AMONG the audience, right in the midst of them. Which star does that? I've been to a few concerts in my time and none have done that. OK. Enough gushing.

Her love songs are RIGHT UP THERE. So it was great to just sit there...and bask in memories as the music washed over me. Then I realized someone nearby was waving distracting stuff and I looked over and my mum was waving the yellow giant hands they gave out. She was really enjoying it.

Thats my mum.


And this is me.




A great night.

No comments: