Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hit the road, Jack


I don't know about you guys, but how many people actually enjoy driving? Being on the road? Frankly speaking, if and or when I leave this country to work, most likely I won't be getting a car soon in my new country of abode. Thats one of the things I will miss most about Msia.

Of course, I'm totally ignoring talking about traffic jams in this conversation.

Ok, I will miss looking around for cars that used to belong to people I know. I will miss looking around for cars being driven by people I know. I will miss playing games such as trying to think of something that makes sense from other cars' license plate i.e. WTF 1977 could be What The Fuck and 1977 is my sister's birthyear. 

I will miss trying to imagine cars' headlights being eyes and faces, each forming unique expressions. And I would 
miss trying to spot a pretty face in the numerous cars around me. But I think what I'd miss most would be
speeding. Speeding along empty highways, especially at night. Or in the early mornings. Or in the dead of night.
When theres just a couple of cars. And the street lights cast a magical glow. Sprint, Penchala, even Federal...

I would really miss coming back from KL at night after clubbing, with the windows down, music banging away, maybe smoking a ciggie, elbows resting on the sill, shouting along with the music, while gunning the pedal. Bon Jovi comes to mind. Also September comes to mind. I would miss listening to Coldplay's Beautiful World as I drive back from the curve at night while the rain falls gently down, and the night is illuminated by the lights of cars.

Something else that I'd miss doing...dancing in the car! A habit I developed over the last year or so..trance techno! But trance techno I alwiz feel like shuffling a bit, moving my feet a bit. And it can get dangerous coz I tend to listen to music at loud volume and when its techno, the adrenaline gets me pumping and doing dangerous stunts. So, no no. Sorry Chris Lawrence, though you're the best. So the best music to drive along to... is R n B! 

A little bit of movement here, a little bit of movement there. Theres the obviously and famous popular tunes. But personally, there are some RnB gems that people don't know about in the mainstream anymore. TLC's Creep comes to mind. Toni Braxton's You're Making Me High. Mark Morrison's Return of the Mac. Too Close by Next. And Montell Jordan's This is How We Do It. Joy Enrique - Tell Me How U Feel. Notorious BIG - Big Papa. LAD - Ridin Low. And
most Wu Tang Clan.

V Old skool, I know.

So if you ever spot a car zipping around erratically, and a spiky haired boy bopping around in the driver'st seat...you know its me. Don't forget to holler out.

A'ight, overandout.


No comments: