Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Beautiful Girl


Tried to read...but was distracted by and thinking of an SMS conversation earlier in the night that I was having...then decided to focus on the book and pushed all thoughts from my mind...and true to my prediction...I lasted barely 15 minutes before I started to nod off.

5 seconds, a hop, a flick of the light switch, another hop into bed, and a flinging-off-all-clothes-save boxers motion later, I was lost...until...I started dreaming...vivid dreams..emotions so real you can reach out and touch it..you can actually feel it.. even after you wake.

And promptly experienced waves of emotion that had me sitting up abruptly, sweating despite the 16 degrees aircond, a funny feeling in my chest, an inability to return to sleep, and Jose Marie 
Chan's Beautiful Girl ringing through my head. Glanced at the 
tableclock, pressed the illuminator: 5am. 

Well, I definitely can't fall back asleep, too many thoughts sweeping around in my 
head like pieces of fruits in a juicer. And Beautiful Girl being one of my all time 
all time favourites..rang 
resonantly and meaningfully around
this woebegone skull o mine. And I couldnt just lie there..had to cast out these distracting
thoughts from my head like a magician casts out electric spells from his fingers..so seized by a random bout of my occasional musical 
inspirations, I seized my guitar and used it to exorcise these buggers..after 15 mins
of feverishly hunching over
that wonderful piece of wood with a hole in it and 6 strings tied to it, I had the chords all figured out.

Demons...vanquished. Can..breathe..easy. Time to go.

JMC- Beautiful Girl
              
Verse 1:

Eb                           Gm
Beautiful girl, whereever you are
                       G#                                       Gm 
I knew when I saw you, you had opened the door
                       G#                         Eb           Fm
I knew that I'd love again after a long, long while
              Bb
I'd love again
                Eb                          Gm
you said 'hello' and I turned to go
                                  G#                                 Gm
but something in your eyes left my heart beating so
                             G#                       Eb             Fm
I just knew that I'd love again after a long, long while
             Eb
I'd love again

Chorus:
                         Gm   G#                                     Gm  G#
It was destiny's game,        for when love finally came on
                  Gm            G#                        Bb
I rushed in line only to find that you were gone

Verse 2:

wherever you are, i fear that i might

have lost you forever, like a song in the night

now that I've loved again, after a long, long while

I've loved again


Beautiful girl, I'll search on for you

till all of your loveliness in my arms come true

you've made me in love again, after a long, long while

in love again

and I'm glad that its you...

mmmmm... beautiful girl..

No comments: