Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Music Heals the (angry) soul

Left work at 11..that makes it a ..16 hour work day. Its been a while since I did that. Surprisingly, I feel v happy about it. Not at all unhappy. But when I got back, I was quite drained...so decided to arrange the lighting in my
room a certain way...using a combo of curtains, candlelamp n windows media player's screensaver.. then decided to select some songs that I could lie down and relax to. 

So I was trolling through me archives...and stumbled across a folder called "My fav soundtrack songs". A stash of some of my fav n most inspiring songs, from memorable soundtracks from memorable films.

Spent quite some time lying down dumbly listening to them and letting myself 
immerse in the nostalgia, sentiment & memories they brought back as an occasional tear rolled down the cheek.. bits n pieces of my past experiences unfolding in my mind as I watched the events unfold/replay, almost like a spectator watching a slide show on a big screen projector.

I'm sharing parts of my playlist. Funny how many of them involve the piano.

1. Love Theme (piano version) from "Romeo & Juliet" OST.
2. Only Time from "Sweet November" by Enya.
3. Amelie Theme Song (piano version) from "Amelie" OST, by Yann Tiersen.
4. Walking In The Air, from "The Snowman", by Howard Blake.
5. Main Theme Song, from "The Last Emperor", by David Byrne.
6. Parting (piano version), from "Rurouni Kenshin" anime, by Samurai X.
7. Theme (violin & piano), from "The Soong Sisters", by Kitaro.
8. Main Theme, "from Braveheart" OST, by James Horner.
9. Main Theme, from "Bicentennial Man" OST, by James Horner.
10. Main Theme, from "Legends of the Fall" OST, by James Horner.

Do enjoy. But please do not indulge in so much piracy.

No comments: