Sunday, May 06, 2007

Shut up fuckwits.

Been driving around, listening to music in the car, retreating to my secret hiding place to chill in solitude,
clutching
a bottle of beer, while enjoying the night sky, cool winds, silence and total alone ness. Needed it, to wash away the other feelings bottled up in me. All in all, a very effective mental & emotional detox.

You know what music's good for a night like this? "Aisha"...I prefer Zouk's version but Cheb Khaled's version isn't half bad either. Youtube has a lot of diff videos of this... here's one..




this one's not bad too, with a duet with Faudel.




Why so much angst?

Well, I've been having a hard time tolerating certain social phenomena. OK first of all, I understand my own flaws - I can be hypersensitive and overly thoughtful n conscious and thus I try to be objective about my sentiments so as to not be biased and thus unfairly and erroneously judge another. OK disclaimer out of the way.

I totally dislike a few things:

1. People talking about stuff they don't know and sounding all authoritative over it. I really dislike it. Either get
your facts right, or shut up. At least, do what I do: Add a disclaimer that you don't know and you are not sure and simply talking cock. Gawd...I see it again and again...talking about this la that la.. either you know or
you don't know. If don't know, just stay mum. A lot of times, at work, in social circles, hanging out with colleagues, whenever, I encounter people talking about things that I know the answer to, but they have it all
wrong and are like so authoritative about it and every1s like hanging on to their every word n lapping it up eagerly. It disgusts me. So even if I know the right answers, I have decided to just stay mum. No point in trying
to enlighten or correct such people. What will it prove? That I'm oh-so-smart, or whatever? Frankly, this stuff is irrelevant to me so theres totally no necessity to correct them. Sometimes, I can't control, and say it, but most
times I just control it and act dumb. Grr.. again...seeing people wax lyrical, especially about things related to my work, that they don't know much of.. pisses me off.

Don't you even dare touch on topics that are related to my work. Unless you know your stuff. Otherwise, if I so
chose, I could really really embarass you. Not coz I am so protective of what I do...but its just the principle of
not talking BS. Talk when you got something, otherwise, dont talk. I am trying to be nice n polite so I just play
dumb and nod along n pretend dont know. Nowdays I cant even b bothered to be nice n diplomatic. No time for
such games n nonsense. I dont blame you for not knowing; its not your subject area of expertise. You cant control 
that. But you CAN control WHEN you choose to open or close your big mouth.

Trivia time!

Did you know M cigarettes burn 25% faster than D cigarettes? Or other premiums for that matter. So
if it took a D cig 10 min to burn itself out, it would take a M cig 7.5 mins. Why is that so? Very briefly:
There is much more recon tobacco n processed stems in M cigs compared to D cigs, which uses much better quality
tobacco. Also there is more ammonia in M cigs. Ammonia is quite flammable, and when you consider the lower
moisture % of recon tobacco, it makes logical sense why M cigs burn faster.

Did you also know M cigs was originally marketed as for females, and was endorsed by Mae West? Pretty.

BTW, not all tobacco leaf tastes the same, even if it was from 1 region. Hence discrepancies in taste vary.

OK I'm bored.


2. Idiots who say they vote for the BN and can't give me a good solid practical answer as to why. For fuck's sake fellow humans, for ur own sake, either don't get involved with any discussions or make sure 
you know what you are talking about and can back yourself up. "I will vote BN next time around!!!". Why?. "Because it looks like Pak Lah is trying hard, because .. because
.. *falters*" Covers it up with a joke or something. 

Ok. Issue! Why do you say Pak Lah is trying hard? Where do you see it? Open your eyes mate. If he was trying hard, its very simple. #1. CM of Sabah has to go. No ifs or buts and no political mollycoddling. #2. Selangor councillor Zakaria must go. Just show us these 2 simple acts, and I will eat my words. Walk the talk. Just do these 2 small things...THEN I will say you try. Otherwise, your oral exhortations are as good as 
blowing hot air.

3. People who are fucking scared of voting opposition coz scared BN lose. Come on humans. Do your research
before you open the fly trap. BN will not lose. Just look at Ijok, Machap. Study their voting process. Its rigged la.
BN can't EVER lose! They have the police, the EC, all backing them up. BN will lose a couple token ones here n there e.g. Lunas, but in the grand scheme of things, they won't lose. Their media control, machinery, money available to spend, etc, all beat the opposition big time. They won't lose. But their majority can be eroded, thus we can instill fear in them as a sort of check and control. Thats is our sole objective. Controls.


4. Peoples preoccupations with trivialities.

5. People being totally biased. I stand by my theory that a certain boss in my company only hires pretty young girls
if he can help it. And he jus waits for his chances to get his cheap thrills here n there. And he does have a pervert face. But though the guys agreed with me to a certain extent, the girls are like OHH NOOO OHHH NOOOO he da man. OK coool But I was right!!! He is caught in mock kiss photo with Babe A, and is hugging Babe B. Since when the fuck did it become acceptable for a male boss to hug his female subordinate? Girls. Imagine your male superior. Now imagine he was hugging you in that non professional way. What do you reckon!?! Nothing work wise will call for such a hug. Now when I think of MY direct boss doing anything remotely resembling that... he'd be fucking fired!!! At least I'm v proud theres no perversity and incest going on in MY department. Thank God. Just pisses me off its acceptable for this boss to do this but another boss (mine) would probably be fired for doing
likewise. Hate double standards!

6. People who want to do something to others but don't like it done back to them. You pinch someone, can. But
when that someone pinch you back, you don't allow. Very gracious. Nvm.

OK...its late...shit 3am...gotta wake in a couple of hours...need to execute my day long plan for tomorrow. Hope it all goes well. If it does, I will have discovered another stream of cheap good fun comfy entertainment. Fingers crossed!

No comments: