Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The great Phuket adventure Part 1 - Nightlife

Well, I am back!

And no, glad to report I am not dead. But I've got something to confess...

Hah! The last 2 post entries..were not done by me! While I was happily gallivanting away in Phuket, my friend was
impersonating me the whole time, writing my posts for me. On the whole she more or less got the details right,
even though I told her nothing. Pretty brilliant eh? No 1 picked up on it though..she must've done a good job.

If my blog readership increased during these few days...I might have to engage her full time. Haha.

Anyway..

Phuket is fun but it really depends on what kind of fun you are after. Lets start with the NIGHTLIFE eh. 

First up...the famous Thai girls..



...though there is a fair amount of uncertainty about whether they were born male or female...



...but these were definitely drag queens...except for the one in the blue miniskirt n pink handbag
coz her arms look kinda small for a guy..

Eventually due to the confusion and potential horrors involved in oggling at a male in disguise, I
was so put off that I no longer wanted to look at any male or female. And my friend tells me that
she heard that some of these crossdressing queens actually go home to their wives and families after work. WTF?! Talk about serious confusion and the risk of mixing up his roles. Does the wife knows that her husband is going out to be screwed and then coming home to screw her?

If ladyboys (ooh I picked up this.. the official lingo for anything cross dressed, trans or confused or in between) aren't your cup of tea, one can alwiz oggle at the numerous bar top dancers all over the place.

Some looked disinterested..



Some knew what dirty white men liked and strove to provide it again and again...



Others believed in quantity, quantity, quantity (and school uniformish attires)...



While others believed in what they perceive to be quality..



If bar top dancing, counter girls, ladyboys etc aren't up your alley, why not try out the A Go Go Bars, of
which there are PLENTY...



If sex sex and more sex is not whats on your mind, then great! You could be like me, interested in the Thai kickboxing. Knees, knuckles, fists, elbows, blood, hard hits, fast punches, flying kicks, wow! Unfortunately, 1 show will set you back slightly more than RM100. But its worth it, because there is real blood, real gore, and about 8 fights in total. But note the word show: some fights look a bit staged.You could get cheaper ones at stadiums like these...



Yea...Phuket nightlife! But..regardless of how hard you try..you can never run from the sex sex sex that is so prominently lived..



You thought that was bad..? And then you turn the corner and you see a FULL PAGE poster ad.



But this is not so bad..when I first went to Phuket .. a bit less than 10 years ago...when it was much less commercialized and developed..I was accosted by transvesvites and worse, shown photos of sex scenes, some with implements, featuring even children. At least that is 
no longer happening.

No visit to Phuket is complete without a visit down Bangla street, where the most famous pubs clubs bars and everything in between rules.



They do have some nice bars.

OK..thats it for the first part...coming up next...DayTime activities!

No comments: