Sunday, May 27, 2007

I'm in love...!

No, not really. I'm just kidding.

- - - - -

It was a slightly overcast, but no rain, early Sunday morning. The roads were more or less empty. There was no1 around. Large empty roads, early Sunday morning, perfect for speeding. I thought I was alone, and turned up the music loud, as I zoomed along. Then...

I first saw you in my rearview mirror. I was doing 125kph and you were still catching up quick.
When you were near enough I realized you were a girl. Unconcerned with you, I continued to rack
up my speed as per my norm, til I hit 140kph on the Penchala. You were STILL catching up.

Now I'm interested. Which girl would drive over 140kph on a Waja?

So I slow down...And you caught up. And as you drew alongside me, we shared that 1 second glance, a glance of mutual understanding, yet so much more, unspoken. We continued in this 
fashion, zooming at 142-144 kph all through the Penchala, stopping at the toll, and 
resuming our high speed dare devil high risk game of
courtship. Some call it immaturity. I call it...adrenaline and thrill at its best, just the way I like it.

We hit the Mont Kiara highway. 150kph, all the way. To hell with the speed traps. Then you drew ahead. And I
drew alongside. We continued to exchange glances, in that dramatic fashion. We hit the Kerinchi. Again, we were neck and neck, occasionally slowing down to 120kph to negotiate turns and corners, and where necessary, 80kph.

We turned a corner. A cop car. I hesitate. I'm not sure if I should slow down. You slow down, and I take your cue. 
But you mislead! You pick up speed again. I pause for a second to consider speeding or to pay attn to the cop car.
I decide to hell with it, spontaneity rules the day, we only live once. So I gather up speed, and again, we indulge in our little game. As I catch up, you toss your head back in laughter. I am well and truly smitten. We hit the Federal, and wind in and out, and hit the highway right beside the Megamall turnoff, heading towards Cheras. Now its a thrilling game. I slow down to take the turnoff to the Sg Besi highway. You draw
 alongside me on my right. We 
both slow down significantly, signifying the end of the joyride. We look at each other and
exchange a mutual
glance. There is a slight nod of both
heads. She removes her sunglasses. And a warm smile from
her. I debate whether I should give her a wave. I decide not.

Then she picks up speed, takes the turning to go South towards Johor as I embark on that turn to the Sg Besi highway. I cast back 1 final quick glance, at the little Waja that is quickly gaining speed again, as it negotiates
that turn, fading fast into the distance, until it becomes a speck and then, no more.

- - - -

What an adventure. It is a rare sight indeed, to encounter a Malay girl, in very modern dressing, with a very modern looking tudung, and sunglasses, and a pretty face, and enough balls to rock along at such speeds.
Modern, with a touch of conservativeness and reservedness. Daring and full of adrenaline. Indeed, many a wild
ride she must have in her. Ahem.

JHJ 46.

Ah...

No comments: