Thursday, June 14, 2007

These good old days...

Am currently in the blackest of black moods, as my prev uber foul, profanity laced, supremely unhappy post can testify to.

Pause.

But for keeping-to-my-policy's sake...still have to put up a post I written a few nights ago...

Which is darned ironic! Considering my current 'upset level'.

- - - - -

These good old days

It is 4am. I just awoke, and am unable to fall asleep again. And with sally in the background, these moments tend to take on awkward emotional dimensions.

I try to treasure these little moments. You never know when these insignificant moments today becomes the treasured yesteryears of tomorrow. Just like how when we think back we remember simple small details of the past that at that time we had no idea would be what they are now – treasured memories. In 3 years I might be working overseas, alone, and when I’m in my room at night, sipping a Brown Mont Blanc, listening to my Buddha Bar collection, I’d like to think back to my quick 2 years back in KL. Its been just 2 years, but a lot has been accomplished, though there could/should be more.

I’d remember my interviews with EY, working in KL, driving ard the city. Enjoying the drive to DHL Cyberjaya, learning from Jeanne (sexy sexy) Ambank’s recovery management program, tussling with Tarmizi from Ambank, seeing my successful compliance work for Macquarie and JP Morgan appear in the papers. My resignation. My time with current company. The midnight visits to DIET. Running the show in PMD. Staying with the boys til late in SMD. Setting up the plant in Ironriver and the feeling of ultra satisfaction of giving them back a yield of 99.5% (given target 90%) in 12 days (given target: 26). Nothing beats that. Reading about elves and dragonlords on the balcony in the hot afternoons while sipping iced tea. Walking the long haunted tunnel alone at night. Ahhh…

I’d remember the Zouk nights. The nights at Poppy. Passion. And who can forget, Ruums, b4 it got fucked over and the techno trance dance scene was altered yet again. Shuffling in Maizon. Disbelief at colleague’s behavior at Velvet n Loft. Great times at Luna. Looking forward to this wkend alredi – adding to the collection at UV Nation.

Singapore. Mosaic music festival. Relaxing in hotel room alone in bathtub reading Tony Parsons again. Shopping at Far East. Trying out wigs for a laugh. Chilling with the cousin. Q Bar overlooking the Spore river. New Asia Café. Checking out St James. Driving around Spore. Driving to Vivo. Sentosa again. No more bikes to rent. Wandering ard alone. Jazz @ Southbank.

The drives at night. Speeding along the highways, a ciggie dangling, good friends in the car, screaming out Livin on a prayer by BJ. All in falsetto along with ‘September’. Going to Jln Ipoh for midnight dimsum. First night at Alexis with Jwen. Avoiding Az’s royal cousins at Luna. Friends crying on my shoulder. Impromptu late night durian and soup session with J while keeping an eye out for dogs and bandits. More impromptu late night sober-up mamak sessions with J post clubbing. VG’s mental strength and tearfilled eyes n resolve. Hacking thru forests with the Emperor. Solitary escapades to The Curve. Drinking at One Bangsar. Birthday at Top Hat. Phuket. Mount KK! KB.

Concerts. And more. Much more. Shall restart my journal, a habit I stopped some time ago. Gotta capture everything, everything. Robbie Williams said youth is wasted on the young. No, in my case, it wont be wasted! Shall capture them all.

Appreciate appreciate…

No comments: