Monday, September 17, 2007

Jealousy

What is terrible, has the potential to wreck relationships, and is green in colour? Jealousy! This is the one thing that all boyfriends must keep in check when it rears its ugly head.

Whenever a company hires new people of gender B, why is there such a strong need for people of gender A to feel fantastically crazed about how hot/cute they look? Why must the FIRST thing they ask be “hot or not?” or “cute or not?”? And then there is this super strong urge to go and want to see.

I don’t act like that. When I hear that there are new people who just came in, I am usually disinterested unless I am in public with a lot of people and everyone is asking, then I will play along. But in private, I won’t be interested. I mean so what if she is hot with great legs? Not like I would want to rape or glue my eyes to her or whatever. And if I had a girlfriend, I even more would be disinterested. It is absolutely of no concern or relevance to me whether she was hot or eye candy or not. It makes absolutely no difference to my life whatsoever. It won't make me happier, give me more money, make me a good person, etc.

What else makes me see green? Well, dressing. I wouldn’t want to be the controlling type of boyfriend, so I would not FORBID my girlfriend wearing particular items. Although the body is the girl’s, but realistically, every guy has a limit on how much flesh he is comfortable with his girlfriend showing. Even worse when the girlfriend’s bosses start dictating what she wears and what she wears happens to be revealing.

OK. Emotions vented, now logic shall resume its reign over me. Not angry anymore. I will buy that age old reason: But I only love you and I come back to you anyway so what does it matter if I ogle at cute guys or if I am ogled at. I’m just ogling, not doing anything. And no one is ogling at me la.

Right.

No comments: