Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The true God of Prosperity

I am a prosperous man!!!

Truly, I am.

What is prosperity? Modern day man has hijacked the word prosperity, and supplicated its original meaning with the modern one of “material & monetary wealth and fortune”.

But after attending a very fantastic and good FGA service (where they brought in this inspiring pastor) last Sunday, I realized, that meaning is not true! The Biblical version, paraphrased, is that true prosperity is when one has, in no particular order of importance:

A) A strong relationship with and a constant awareness of the presence of God
B) A healthy body and strong mind with a good knowledge of self
C) Loving friends and family
D) A wife who you love as much as she loves you
E) A career that is able to provide you with your material needs

And when your career is able to provide you with not just your material needs, but your wants as well, by right you should give away the excess to help the needy, for God’s largesse on you should not be selfishly hoarded for oneself only. He works through you; hence, you are the instrument which He uses to provide money for the needy. However, being human, we are greedy and the man who really only keeps whatever he needs to exist and survive and not a cent more does not exist.

Hence, since I have B,C,D,E, even though I have a weak link with A right now, but because I can feel it strengthening and making me happier in a certain way, and filling me with thoughts and emotions that are good, I can honestly dare say, I am a prosperous man! With these comes true prosperity. Unlike material and monetary wealth which is based on very unstable foundations which can be snatched away in an instant, the above are mostly spiritual and emotional connections in nature, which are not so easily removed, and hence, provide a much more stable foundation to build one’s life upon.

No comments: