Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Politics @ work

Ok I had a lot of things to talk about. Things that are interesting (for me) that point to entertaining and amusing conclusions. But that plan was rudely uprooted. Things occurred at work that renders me in the worst foul blackest of moods. Anger and disappointment fills my soul, every pore of it, and threatens to make me behave in a way that might cause me to regret later. Normally my policy is not to taint and toxify my blog with ... negative experiences and too many criticisms of work. But today I make an exception.

This has happened before and mark my words, this bloody thing will happen again.

I hate it when people use and step on others in their bid to promote themselves, promote some agenda, and make themselves look better. They do not do things with the intention of helping others, but more so with trying to play the political game and making themselves look better. And if they can put down another person’s MT, hey, even better! Make their MT look better. I realize, the better you do, the more people try to gun you down.

And when the task was done by someone else, who did a bad job, and he didn’t even have the decency to show up but was away at his other non work related commitments, I stood up to the plate and did it for him. I am not questioning his commitments though I have a good case for that; I am just saying, whatever you do, please do it well. And I’m taking the fall and flak for it.

And, those senior managers who have seen and reviewed this, agreed to it, and earnestly pushed it, SUDDENLY in the face of resistance, BACKED AWAY, and became very quiet. This is THEIR work that I’m taking flak for. They literally sat there still as a mouse and watched me get ripped.

OK enough. I won't elaborate further. Need to grab a camel and fuck it hard else I will go mad with anger. Nevermind. Dissipate. Dissipate. Deep breaths. Vent not my anger on underserving folks.



No comments: