Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Losing masculinity



I think in this age, we have too many chemicals and processed food floating about. It is messing with us guys’ hormones, seriously, I swear.

30 years ago, when food was more natural and less processed etc, male hormones were more or less intact. Hence males retained their masculinity.

Today, with the abundance of hormones, chemicals, processed food, preservatives, etc, male hormones and various trigger switches are all going haywire. Guys are no longer as hairy, we are no longer sprouting beards and whatnot, our voices are less deep and are squeakier, we are more moody and whatever.

Just the other day my basketball playing friends were telling me, and mind you, these are big tall strong guys, that they were feeling, and I quote, ‘hormonal’. I’m like, WTF? The consequences of urban living. Hormonal!

Must better start eating less chicken rice and more natural foods. Best to go live on a farm. Even so, with the fertilizers and pesticides, there are no guarantees.

No comments: