Sunday, April 22, 2007

2 cases to ponder

I am shocked.

Recently, I met up with a friend of mine, whom I have known since yonks ago from her days as a naive, innocent, nice young girl, and its been a few months since we last caught up.

Of course, she has changed a lot. But when I found out what she's been up to, it hit me hard that she has changed 
much more than what I previously suspected.

In a nutshell...this previous bastion and unshakeable upholder of moral righteousness has recently decided to be the
society-dreaded 'other woman'. Basically this guy who also has a girlfriend and who has claimed that they are going to 
get married made a pass at my friend, who accepted. Now, this guy is good looking and whatnot, and apparently,
might be having not just 1 but several side dishes simultaneously. Now, my friend and this guy is engaged in a
totally 100% purely physical rship. Both sides know what the other person wants, which is precisely all they are
willing to give anyway, so no misunderstandings there. No chances for hurt.

Moral rights and wrongs aside, I am just stunned. How could my friend have changed so drastically? The only thing
that has happened is that she went through a really tough break up.

OK another case. a friend of mine recently also broke off with her bf of many many years. She basically just fell out of love. After a rship that has spanned 8 years, 2 continents and numerous ups n downs, she just 'ran dry' &
'fell out of love'. After listening to her side of the story I completely understand how and why so and I don't blame
her. So they broke it off. But she is quite fine, quite ok, and runs around happily.

So these 2 cases got me pondering...

How badly can one take a breakup? I mean.. no need so drastic right? Breakups make ppl do a complete 180
from what they used to be. Breakups can make or break you. And...its scary when a girl whom you have trusted and placed all ur faith hopes dreams and building everything on/for can just pull out and say she has fallen out of
love.


No comments: