Monday, April 02, 2007

Diana Krall...holds me in thrall


Ahh...nothing like some good strong doses of Diana Krall...

After a couple of hours of extreme mood swings from anger to embarassment to contemplative to sad to
inspired, I can
now finally feel...peaceful...at peace with everyone and everything..hello Sin...ahh...the magic of this woman...
can listen to her forever and ever.

How can people not love her?

*Wistful*...must..open...a..bistro...

Transports me to faraway places...places in my imagination, places in my memories, places in the future, places I have never been before but will go to.

She makes me feel life is wunnerful again. And ultimately, thats what music is all about.

And, I like her first name. Haha...

"Autumn leaves..I Miss you so...When I look in your eyes...Let's fall in love...And I love him..The look of love..
That old feeling..PS I love you..."

Now thats romance for you. Please move aside, pretenders.

Where is some good old fashioned romance, love, that tingling sensation, when you want it? Like Sinatra's Strangers In the night...those fleeting moments, exchanged glances, glimpses filled with promise..

Like some warm loving nourishing chicken soup for the romantic soul, Krall wraps herself around you, soothes you, lies you down, takes off your clothes, wraps you in nice flannel pyjamas, offers you warm chocolate drinks with marshmallows, and tucks you into bed with nice things swirling around you as you fall asleep.

Some people say one should not live in the past. I say one should live in whatsoever period of one's life that brings joy to one. If the present gives me joy, I shall thus indulge so. If the future fills me with hope and happiness, I shall thus dream so. If the past gills me with love, sadness, then it is my right. The past should be like a photo album or good book - don't throw it out. Leave it lying around, don't be obssessed by it. Live for now, plan for the future, but in moments of solitary silence, when you feel you are all alone in this world ultimately, when friends fade, when old friends are busy, new friends deem you unworthy, and even family are occupied, you can revisit that album or book to reexperience the emotions of past moments.

That is one of my ultimate photography aims - to be able to capture photos that can capture the essence of the moment, the exact emotion of my mood at that point in time of the photo taking, so I will never forget it, so that when I revisit that photo, I am instantly transported back there again, and re-feel what I felt.

Theres a certain hollowness and emptiness to life nowadays. People nowadays are so self centred. I reckon I'd either have to choose bachelorhood or lower my standards. Lowering my not-very-high standards is out of the question, so I guess bachelorhood would be the way to go. In that case, on such a sobering note, I shall go pour myself a glass of Jack Daniels and continue to sit here in this dimly lit room, sipping me whisky + coke whilst letting Krall wash over me.

No comments: