Monday, August 27, 2007

Withdrawal symptoms

I have to be more professional.

Never have I been like this, ever. Normally, at work, I am a picture of no nonsense, can-do and focus. Normally, that is. But today, I am a quivering mass of jelly. I have to be more professional! I have a job to do.

I can’t seem to focus. Can’t seem to think clearly or concentrate on the work. My mind keeps wandering, and I keep remembering her from certain angles, seeing how her face looks, hearing her voice in my head. Suddenly, while trying to determine the import export quota application quantity for 2008, amidst a host of SAP numbers, as I gingerly compute what the right quantity should be, forcing its way into my head rudely, shoving aside all these important work matters, would be images of her smile, her hair falling down one side of her face, her round shoulders, the blanket wrapped around her up to the chin, the rosy cheeks, the twinkling eyes, the happy look as she spoons food into her mouth, the cute lips. Sigh…

But it's not all physical! There is the closeness one feels when she is nearby, the intoxicating smile, the laughter, the smells, the cute and quirky perspectives of things, the zany sense of humour, the never-to-be-called-bluff-upon character, the gentle attitude, the giving nature...

How…to…work…brother you tell me.

Ooh mushy and disgusting post. For me, this is...Another new! Another first! This has been an era of self discovery.

No comments: