Friday, December 21, 2007

1973

Normally I am quite well adjusted and don't suddenly think too much and get all emo n weepy n insecure. But early this morn, woke when the sky was dark, because the phone alarm's vibrations woke me up. It was set to 6am. And the vibrating alarm reminded me of an incident y'day, which led to more thinking and invariably ended up me feelin a bit emo n insecure tho not weepy.

I know what I feel for her. And I know what she feels for me. And I know we are both trying to make this work. We want it to work. Sure, we have our hiccups and hit our occasional bumps, sure, we don't communicate enough or in the right way, and sure, our characters personalities hobbies might be different. But hey that stuff is surmountable. We have to WANT to surmount it. I am prepared to do the necessary things. I am trying, and am doing, what I do know. But sometimes I feel like there is a barrier still, and I kick myself hard over it, for it is probably my doing. And then I get sad, really sad. And I remember, she mentioned once, like Don Henley said, Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough.



I hope thats not us. Please God, don't let that be us. Then incidents happen and I know she is wondering if we might just not be right for each other, if she is wondering about breaking up, or if she is questioning this relationship, and I am sad. Then I remember James Blunt's 1973...and I remember us.

Simona
You're getting older
The journey's been
Etched on your skin

Simona
I guess I know this
We seemed so strong
We've been there and gone

I will call you up everyday Saturday night
And we both stayed out 'til the morning light
And we sang, "Here we go again"
And though time goes by
I will always be
In a club with you
It was 1973
Singing "Here we go again"

Simona
Wish I was sober
So I could see clearly now
The rain has gone

Simona
I guess it's over
My memory plays our tune
The same old song

And I think, perhaps, years from now, when she is in some Scandinavian country, in the wintry cold hugging a mug of hot chocolate, wearing leggings, sitting beside the window and looking out in the snow, will she remember us? Yes, you would be older then, and I guess what we went through what have left marks, and your age would show on your skin. We might've been strong, to do what you think was necessary. And then I'd show up on your doorstep, ring your doorbell and we;d both tumble into the house together. And we'd remember all those Saturday nights when I came by to pick u up in the middle of the night, and we stayed out til almost dawn, and when we went up the hilltop in the night til the morning light. And then we'd run out hand in hand and climb to the nearest hilltop and watch the sun rise again, just like we did, and we'd sing, here we go again!

Then I stop this fanciful thought. It would never get to that stage. Coz we'd never part.

No comments: