Monday, December 03, 2007

Answer define action

In a man’s life, there are only a very few defining moments.

The moment he earns his first pay check. The moment when he first knows with absolute certainty that this is the woman he loves, that for this woman, he will go through anything for her, that he cannot live without her. The moment he gets married. The moment he becomes a father.

I’ve made mistakes in my young life. Youth is not an excuse, and I am not trying to make it so. People say when a relationship gets to certain points, one should let go, and start again afresh with someone else. If one stays on, even if one can take it and is willing to, is/can the other party? One does not need to have a relationship where one has a black mark permanently against one. One can start again, find someone on equal terms. If you are young, you will forget, you will move on and meet someone else, and in time, you will look back on this as merely a puppy love. You will grow to love another. But you know what? THIS is that moment. That defining moment when I know I love this woman like I have and can love no other before and after again this way, when I know that I want to fight for us to stay together.

Perhaps after a severe jolt, a relationship has a certain scar in it. But I know this much: I am sincere, I genuinely want it to work and am willing to try for it, my love is still strong, and as long as God has his healing hand on us, we will be happy again. I have faith. I know I might be doubted, treated with less than ideal warmth. I know it will take a while to nurture the affection and emotion again. But I am willing, by God, am I more than willing. I know what I had, and I am willing to persevere and show my sincerity to get us back again to how we were. I want to shower her with affection so she can once again bask in the secure feeling of knowing undoubtedly where she stands in my heart. I will not mind nor will I complain. I made my bed and I will lie on it. I want to make things right for us again, I want to love her and make her happy again, and bring her the happiness she so deserves, I want to be that man she envisioned me to be, and give her the relationship she has always dreamed of. I want that chance to be the one who loves her, gives her love and happiness, heals her wounds, and make her right again. I want to patch up that hole in her heart, and sleep beside her every night possible.

If I have to migrate, I will. I want to, I can see the justifications, why another country can give us a better life, can give our family a good lifestyle. She was right all along, as she always is. I have learnt to respect her and truly appreciate her, for the way she thinks. She was willing to give up her dreams for me! And I almost threw her away. This time, we are sticking together, no matter how far we have to go to be together. We shall go away together, then we can both keep our dreams – her of being in her favourite country and not Malaysia, and me, of being with her together forever finally. We shall go away, and build our new life together, our little lovenest, and surround our house with happy healthy children and lots of music, good food and a wonderful library.

No woman can have a greater gift than that of having a husband she knows will always have her back. This means not only someone who can finance her needs and to a certain extent, her frivolous whimsies, but also someone who really has her best interests and happiness at heart. Someone who does the little things, who makes her feel loved and appreciated and wanted, someone who she can count on, who she knows is really her own and all hers, never sharing her with anyone else. Someone who she knows will never recognize temptation, never acknowledge temptations and will have the sense to recognize the right path, the discipline to never waver from it, and the non desire to ever do otherwise.

Sometimes things are really simple. Never lose sight of the end goal, and always ask myself is what I am doing right now bringing me closer or further from my end goal?

The answer will determine my actions.

No comments: