Thursday, December 06, 2007

Yesterday

It's really stupid to live life go go go. Really, I have to sit down and ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS remind myself:

What is it that I want in life?
Is what I am doing getting me closer or further away?

Because, if I had held onto these truths, I would never ever have done something so wrong and so stupid, and which I regret so terribly and deeply.

It is no use regretting. That is the worst part - you cannot undo the damage, you can only hope to heal it as best as possible. And knowing how hurt someone you care about is, it just about drives me nuts, making me someone who has totally lost himself and his identity, acting in ways that is so not me.

This is me:

Yesterday, All my troubles seemed so far away,
Now it looks as though they're here to stay,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.
Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly.
Why she Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said, Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.
Yesterday, Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away,
Oh, I believe in yesterday.
Why she Had to go I don't know, she wouldn't say.
I said, Something wrong, now I long for yesterday.
Yesterday, Love was such an easy game to play,
Now I need a place to hide away, Oh, I believe in yesterday.

Come on Alex, get a grip.

No comments: