Monday, December 31, 2007

On the last day of 07...

On the last day of '07, I look back, and see that indeed this has been a year where I visited many places. Let's hope '08 continues that trend! Sitting here in my office space on the 31st of Dec, I do get a bit of the sensation that yet another year has raced by.

Locally (condition: must either involve a hill or at least 1 hr drive), I visited:

- Genting (again) but never before have I driven up myself, and I did it twice this year.
- Frasers Hill (second time), drove up for the first time (companion made it special)
- Kota Bharu, my first time ever, visiting Kelantan (very fun, real eye opener)
- Port Dickson (for the gazillionth time but never before with my GIS gang so twas fun)
- Scaling Mount Kinabalu on a company trip and doing it faster than anyone else from our party save the MD (that was one fit 40 year old!)
- Kuala Selangor (to see the fireflies...it's not what you do, it's who you do it with!)

Overseas (plane ride must exceed 1 hour):

- Phuket (again, but with the scholars...great trip...except for the masseurs hmmm)
- Paris (like the photography expeditions and resultant pics)
- Melbourne (it's who you do it with!)
- Dubai airport (that counts ok.)

In '08, my wish list is to:

- Drive up Camerons
- Check out the much vaunted and haunted Maxwell Hill
- Try Ijok's beggar chicken
- A country that takes more than 4 hours to fly to, i.e. Japan, Korea, NZ...
- An island resort paradise, either locally, Bali, Philippines, Thailand or ... Mauritius? Maldives?

Ah...they say save money when you are young... don't travel so much...I say.. travel when you are young! Take lots of beautiful photos when you are young! Coz your pay is prolly so meager now you can't save much anyway. So why trade a marginal increase in bank balance for beautiful youthful photos of self? Plenty of time to save later when your pay check hits a reasonable size where you can actually SAVE. Invest in holidays, memories and experiences while you are young.

The young ones. Darling we're the young ones. And the young ones. Shouldn't be afraid. To live. Learn. While the flame is strong. Coz we may not be, the young ones. Very long. - Elvis.

No comments: