Thursday, December 14, 2006

Ahhh...sweet mystery of life..

Hah!

As regular readers might know, I’ve planned it such that my 1 week attachment with our branch down here in Singapore coincides nicely with my leave. Time for a (in my biased view) well deserved hiatus, and time away from work, from Malaysia, just chilling. At the same time, I am here to work as well so… no big deal I guess. Lots of (as usual) observations & remarks…but I will hold my tongue. On my first day, I strapped on the backpack, threw in a bottle of water, a shirt to change, sunglasses, disc man, etc, loaded my trusty camera, made sure I had extra batteries, and went off to Boat/Clark Quay where I waited for my friend (who worked in one of them nearby banks). So…gallivanting and snapping away merrily, I came up with a few pics to share…nothing fancy or award winning. Here goes!

#1 - Some guy stoning blatantly as he looks blankly into the river..
#2 - Doesn't the backdrop look fake, like a painting superimposed..?


#3 - Gazing at this, I can picture how Singapore river must have been/has changed, over the last 100 years..but the junks still remain...


#4 - Singaporean Art. Well, unrefined, non artists like me will never appreciate this kinda art..

#5 - Trying to make use of the environment to form some sort of natural frame but wanting the overhanging leaves to be a 'soft' frame..


#6 - Trying to see if I can make the other buildings look normal while the 2 on the sides lean in towards each other..optical illusion, no?


#7 - Haha something funny...saw this guy doing this...wonder if he is praying to the River God...River god river god, please, grant me my 4d wish..


#8 - Lunchtime waitresses looking pretty..they were pulling and enticing male passersby to go in and grab a boo, no i mean, beer.



#9 - No reason...trying to compose this pic to form some random angles into some kinda design...


#10 - A self indulgent shot...thats me holding the camera.



#11 - And later as we trundled along Orchard, the companion couldnt resist the thick slab of yam ice cream sandwiched between 2 fried wafers...and a little boy who eagerly came up wanting a bite too..


#12 - Saw them setting up and preparing the stage for the Lime Sonic Live Music show...I think we have better talent, no offense, and there were a shitload of YOUNGsters sitting about...gosh...youngsters r so free..


Oooh...its getting late...off to bed now!

No comments: