Saturday, December 02, 2006

Sing..Sing..Singapore again!

It’s confirmed! The company is sending me on a visit to our Singapore arm! Memories abound! Possibilities, like another photography spree, sprout like bunnies from a burrow. Can visit my 2nd fav FF outlet, after the one at The Curve.

My locker, post workout..


YES! OK, actually, I requested for it, thinking it would be a long shot, but it is official - the Boss called and told me to make preparations, that the Singaporean side has already accepted and they will get in touch with me. I am surprised too..I didn't think it would go through but my Boss apparently had some good things to say bout me to HIS Boss, which convinced him and thus he helped to pull some strings to get me there.


So why I wanna go? Well, hey:

1 - Zoukout! is on Dec 9th.

2 - A break is a break is a break ok? I'm not gonna complain..gonna take any breaks I can get. Plus a KitKat.

3 - Take the chance to visit friends, sister, and I like going there anyway to hang out.

4 - [Very sinister, and actually, the only real reason] I just want to go there to erm, suss the place out, also to let them get to know of my existence, so as to sort of 'pave the way' and to make it easier for me to go over there IF my existing plans are still valid in 1 or 2 years time. Hey, its easier to hire someone you already know than someone you don't know, right?

So I was happy, thinking a'ight, since R is also being seconded there for some time, we could meet up, go for beers, chill, yak, etc together. All geared up..then the Boss calls.

"Alex...this is a very good opportunity. You have earned it. Me and [Big Boss] both think that you have good potential, and you have shown some promise here, and done some good things. So, make sure, you write out a list precisely of what you want to learn over there, and when you are back, do a presentation for me. Its a rare opportunity, so its good you took the initiative to request for it, its the first time our department is doing this. Well done."

OK, suddenly the go-there-for-fun has diminished, and the pressure has risen a slight notch.

Why so formal? Why suddenly must write out what I want to learn? Damn...how to write?

I want to go coz I want to suss them out and let them know of my existence so next time if I resign from here it is easier for me to be hired there TEE HEE HEE. Some more I want to go there to hang out and see friends so go under the pretext of 'visit branch' there la heh heh easier to be granted permission to go.

Wanna go Q Bar


Not that prudish .. taken at Bugis

Goodness...*nightmare*.

Integrity and honest required here. Should I just toss em outta the window? Actually it sucks..I'm really torn at the moment. The company has shown a lot of faith and support actually for me, and my Boss and his boss has extended a lot of support, belief, help and faith in me though their attitude can be improved. So I feel like.. I should repay the loyalty and not be thinking of cabut. BUT..in this day and age, and judging from company history.. I also know that they will not hesitate to kick me out should they find a better option...so I guess I can't be too selfless eh?
Bloody predicaments..

No comments: