Thursday, December 07, 2006

Blessing in disguise..oh sweeet jazz..!

Young, no girlfriend around to speak of and refusing to spend time idling by, I have always subscribed to the theory that I should go all out now, build a strong foundational base for my career, and when the right girl does enter the picture, it would be about time to be able to afford to slow down. Like all youths, I feel invincible and falling sick is to me an alien concept. So while colleagues left and right continue to take MCs and drop left and right like weeds slashed with a parang, I have always remained standing. But yesterday, I finally succumbed to the inevitable. Yup, yesterday, at work, halfway through the day, I suddenly felt sick, v sick.

I refuse to believe I can actually fall sick from working hard.

SO upon further investigation, I discovered the real reason I fell sick. I like to sleep in just boxers, and I tend to adjust the aircond accordingly. However, the night before, in the middle of the night I remember waking up shivering with the chills, and realizing that I had forgotten to lock my room door. Upon questioning, it was realized that my mother had come in, and full blasted the aircond.

So, irony of ironies, I fell sick not due to working hard, but at the very spot which I am supposed to obtain my R & R - in my room. Thanks Mum.

No, I am not being sarcastic. Really, thanks mum. Mum knows best. My pale and departure from normal complexion/demeanour yesterday convinced the powers in charge that I WAS sick, so getting an MC today was a breeze. Thanks to my sickness, I am on MC, and this is really a blessing in disguise. Because TODAY I actually feel..quite OK already! =) And so its like..taking a day of leave. Yayy.

Means I get to sleep IN! sleep late! wake late! and lie in bed snuggled warmly under the blankets just indulging in my fav activity for the WHOLE day!

WAIT. that sounded all wrong. I actually meant stay in bed and READ. dont be dirty minded, ppl. reading, reading, haruki murakami is fast rising up my list of fav authors...

and alternate b/w reading and lying in bed eyes shut jus listening to jazz (rest the eyes)...with the curtains drawn and the room in appropriate darkness with 1 small orange lamp in the corner..and the impending threat of rain..this is the life!

ok lets see what were the last 5 songs i've been listening to..

russell watson - you are so beautiful
russell watson - the voice (from the film 'captain corelli's mandolin' starring nic cage)
russell watson - the magic of love (ft lionel richie)
jamie callum - these are the days
jane monheit - i'm through with love (her voice here is realllly good near the end when she does some light yodelling)

ah...oh i was reading the papers this morning (what a luxury! havent done it for ages! a luxury I do not have the time to indulge in) and it was talking bout the penang jazz festival. which i missed. dat sucks ... nxt yr, by hook or by crook, i must/will go. must support our local artistes..got nothing to lose.. if its good, i enjoy..if no good...i wont die...and anyway its time malaysians embrace/support open air jazz festivals.

BTW the rain just started falling... completing the idyllic scene... /me dives back into Norwegian Wood.

ps: did u know the beatles actually have a song called norwegian wood (v nice guitars), which is referred to by aforementioned book's title?








No comments: