Saturday, December 02, 2006

I must be a better friend



Currently Listening to..Wang Lee Hom - Kiss You Goodbye



Do you ever come to a point in your life where you sit back and think about yourself and you realize... HMM...you are starting to take your friends for granted, and you know thats not a good thing, and you want to change?

Yea..that happened to me just now. You see, JH has patiently been a well, as far as guys go, good enough friend. [I don't think I've been a worse friend than him though] Anyway, last night he was like semi breaking down, lost the 'I'm too cool for y'all' persona, and became a little boy again, blubbering about how this girl is driving him nuts/insane/crazy.

Maybe its coz I'm becoming so jaded by all these rships stuff [in a way, BUT I'm still idealistic, I'm still a dreamer at heart. Good things do happen. Maybe not yet. But they WILL] and the details sounded kinda juvenile, that I wasnt as patient, kind, understanding as I used to be/could be. Of course, we listened without interruption etc etc but then we also didnt really sit down focus look at him seriously and hold his gaze..we were eating kuachi, chugging down beer and making jokes while alternating with a generally sympathetic n sombre mood.

Of course, as far as guys go, that could be regarded as a pretty successful outing already - humor, beer, cigarettes, hanging around each other, supper, listening to one of us pour his heart out and feel better after that (no need chicks, we aren't like that =]). And he did SMS us all to thank us and say it really helped and all so I guess it's not so bad. Still, maybe I should have like just looked at him and listened..but the atmosphere we were in made it hard..and weirder still, u know, its been a long while...and guys cannot just sit down look into each other's eyes n hold their hands for support.

2nd incident. T here's this person who recently I regard her as more than a colleague, but as a friend already. And yesterday, after a long day at work, for the sake of my own self amusement and feeling mischievous and bored already want to go home its 8am on a Friday evening, I proceeded to annoy her. As usual. Normally, she is great fun to tease coz she has a great sense of humor but yesterday, apparently she had a really bad day, was PMSing as well, and kena tiu for no good reason at all. I suppose I have been pestering her a lot as well la. So totally insensitive, and not being able to detect any abonormality in her behavior, I think I pissed her off [no time for juvenile pranks]! Luckily she was in a more reconciliatory mood by night, but still, I can't help thinking that good friends should be sensitive enough to each other's moods and be able to read signs/signals that things arent going well with them and know when to prick them and when to not prick them. So...OK...gotta learn to read certain signs n signals better. I know I suck at that.

No comments: