Saturday, December 02, 2006

My most beloved

My most beloved...

You have accompanied me through so many lonely nights
You kept me company when I first went overseas, pensive and thoughtful in my room
You helped to draw me out and made me realize what I loved about life
You helped me to discover parts of myself I never knew and others would never believe existed
You enabled me to mingle well with strangers
You were the one I hugged to sleep
You were right beside me as I changed from a high school boy to the young man I now am
You never complained or made any noise when I neglected you
You patiently waited until you were relevant to me again
You allowed me to do whatever I want with you, and when I hurt you, I felt the pain myself
You have not grown older with the years.. just more and more .. MINE.

My beloved Yamaha C 40... I first laid eyes on you when I was in Year 8, when the music teacher insisted that we all learnt guitar, & then made us perform Colors of the Wind as our test.

So I went to Subang Parade to buy my guitar. And...now I am 24 years old. Thats a 10 year relationship, where you stood by me through thick and thin.

You listened to me sing and yet played along. I've already changed your strings like a gazillion times. From learning and playing Eric Clapton, oldies and goodies, to Sugar Ray, Coldplay, Beyond, Travis, Lass Lindh, Lonestar, Five, Beatles, Elvis, etc etc...

Recently my guitar's 4th string broke. Which I didnt realize. So after picking up the guitar for the first time in ages n ages...after some adjustments..the 4th string was reinstalled, but later snapped. I just fixed in my new 4th string. Works like a charm. And without further ado, I quickly ripped off a few songs. Just to sharpen my fingers.. Eagles - Desperado, Metallica - Nothing Else Matters, Maroon 5 - She Will Be Loved.

The best guitarists in the world are non mainstream. U2's The Edge is not bad, but I still think Morrison, Paisley, Hendrix, Clapton, Django Reinhardt etc etc...are THE best.

OK..time for bed! 4 15am already!


No comments: