Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Clear your leave!

U know wat sux?

When everyone gets to clear their leave or take their leave at year end but I can't.

I've got 10 days left, and "work commitments and needs were such that I couldnt afford to take leave" does not cut it as a good reason to bring forward my allowed 5 days.

Meaning: I lose my 10 days leave. Forfeited! Poof! Or, I can just do the irresponsible thing and clear as many days as possible from now til Dec 31st, thereby guaranteeing a CLM (Career Limiting Move). Great!

There goes my ideal bachelor day: waking up to a sunny morning, going for a run, come home, read the papers, shower, have breakfast, drive off to Borders, sit at Starbucks with a nice cold drink, a good book, and nice music. Run off to the gym for a while. Etc etc...

Instead I can look forward to waking up at the break of dawn, go to work, stay stuck in there, appear 12 hours later into the twilight dazed and confused, get home and its night already, not much to do.

So moral of the story is: next time, fuck it, dont be an idiot, JUST TAKE UR FRICKIN LEAVE!

No comments: