Saturday, December 16, 2006

Sick but Finally...Home!!!

Listening to...Diana Krall - If I Had You

You know, I'd been planning on going Singapore for the longest time...had each day planned, where to go, what to do, down to what clothes to bring, and had a number of people/family I wanted to visit. But all my plans were d a s h e d when I (remember, I was on my 2 days MC as I departed KL) came down with the most wretched cough ever unfairly wrought on a good decent human being. I blame Kumar, for HE was the one who went down with this disgusting retching cough cum sore throat first. Anyway, working in close proximity with such a virulent virus ensured I was given my share of the spoils, and lo n behold, not long after arriving in Spore, this mystery violent coughing fit rendered me helpless, dashed all my plans, caused me to back out of Zoukout!, and spend my nights after work lying down resting. Great. perfect holiday. No wonder I do not feel like I took a holiday, I do not feel rested.

Anyway, sad as I was I was in good spirits as I headed home...until I hit Spore Immigration where for some retarded reason there were a SHITLOAD of people with the same brilliant brainwave of coming down all at once to Msia. There were a huge number of buses there, a shitlong queue, and it took us 2 hours just to clear both immigration n customs for Spore n Msia. Thanks la...

Look at the mass of human tidal wave.


Things were more humorous at the Singapore Immigration toilet, when this man stopped me from entering toilet A and asked me to go toilet B instead, saying A was bursting with people inside. I watched amusedly as he stood guard n redirected everyone from A to B. Just like a proper toilet warden...u can see his hawkeye dedication to his job, eagerly waiting for the next urgent guy to rush to the toilet just to point him to 1 a little farther away..hahaha..


Still, luckily I had the scannable passport or I'd have to join this steaming jam packed mass of homosapiens..


Ahh...our Second Link looking nice indeed in the hot December sunshine..


On an otherwise for the jam tranquil & peaceful day, I could almost imagine dugongs lurking n frollicking jus under the water's surface, grazing on sea grass. Then I saw a peaceful sight...a small sampan, lonely in the ocean, as its occupants bonded over fishing...made me wish I was on the boat, and reminded me of the time I was in Cairns..


And then...searching for our bus was a nightmare, as there was a shitload of buses and we had no idea where our bus was..

Seeing other ppl board buses made me grow increasingly annoyed at where was MY bus..


Finally I found it, and had an uneventful journey back. Upon arrival, I helped out a Sporean family, who expected to be let off at Times Sq but found themselves at B'sar instead...and then got accosted by a guy trying to exchange a stapler for some $.

"Please pity me...I need some money... here I give you this stapler...be a kind soul...I am not those normal bad ppl...I just need some money to take bus"

Problem was, he looked acted moved talked dressed like a drug addict. Anyhow, I pitied him and told him to keep the stapler and dug into my pockets for the 2 or 3 ringgit I knew I had in there somewhere...I proceeded to give him RM5 (i know i know, its a con, i know, but wtf, i couldnt just WALK away n feel no tinge in my heart man) and then quickly cabut...

Soon enough... I was home..ever had that feeling when u've been away from home for some time and when u finally see it, everything, for a little while, is just a little bit strange yet familar? Anyway..room sweet room! I MISS HOME! SO GLAD TO BE BACK!

* Great to be in KL, with own car. I just got home! No need to worry about last MRT la, dbl surcharge la etc etc.


No comments: