Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Murakami

Listening to..Let's Talk About Love - Celine Dion

Back in Melbourne.. I stumbled across Haruki Murakami [info]. A friend introduced this Japanese writer to me. Filled with scepticism initially, I became converted, and now, I am eternally grateful to her for introducing me to Haruki.


He is one of my favourite writers, and his style so perfectly.. captures certain emotions. A little bit of Tony Parsons thrown in. If his books ever made it to the big screen, they would be extremely artistic works.. works of art, not to be shown over commercial cinemas..would probably need to go to Nova to see it.

Stumbled across Murakami at Borders last night...and promptly parted happily to purchase 2 more of his books..

Sputnik Sweetheart [link]

Norwegian Wood [link]

I am excited. Need more free time to read.

No comments: