Monday, December 11, 2006

Wild Wild Wet

At.. Wild Wild Wet...(clutching some mashed potatoes and KFC nuggets. Note how the colorful background makes it seem like a painted scene)

Yesterday was a HOT day, so, on a whim, we made a spur of the moment decision to go to a water theme park to cool down, yep, like elephants hosing off. A short ride later, we were at Wild Wild Wet, somewhere on the other side of the island, at Pasir Ris.

First impressions: Sunway Lagoon! Brought many many memories of my adolescent juvenile days, of many a school holiday spent racing down water slides, out gladiating each other, daring each other to do stupid things on the rides, as teenaged boys are wont to do, such as standing on roller coasters, or going hands free. Yes, stupid teenage boys we were.


I remember when Sunway Lagoon first came out... and these slides were damn popular... and then a few hush hush reports came out of people being injured...that the slides were not attached properly and over time, the connecting bits became loose/nails were exposed etc and the people racing down the slides got their skins/flesh sliced by these parts...bone exposed...nobody died, but serious injuries were rumored to have been inflicted..


Then, this attraction seemed to have a lot of people lining up for it.. so we were like OK lets check it out..


So we tried out the ular-lah...since it is so hyped..unfortunately, it was a tame affair...I got the feeling that in Singapore, safety is set so high, that thrills are compromised. For one, this ride never had any element of danger coz we caromed s l o w l y down..


But this bugger was not bad...was similar to the toboggan ride in Sunway Lagoon...doesnt look like mucho from this angle but trust me, its got its thrills. perhaps the most exciting attraction in the whole park. the friend who sat facing me said that when she looked down, she couldnt see my face..so vertical it was.


For another angle..


The tidal pool was way too short. As in the tides were active for a short while, then, there was another interval to wait... no good. But it was hilarious...people grabbing onto the wrong people, little boys flying into me, girls grabbing onto me, some mother being capsized, some malay kid firing a watergun at me, some kid paddling with his eyes shut serenely then some guy fell and sat on his face...people falling over...I tried to stand on the circular float n take the waves like a surfer only for the laughing surfguard to tell me "oi friend, dont la, climb down!"...


Seriously though, the queues were way too long. We wanted to go on this ride thingie but the queue was just not worth it.


So I just snapped a photo of the underneath of this funny looking contraption.


What I WILL give to the management though, is the colorful and nice designs...look like graffiti.


At the end of the day..tired and prepared to go home...

2 comments:

Robin Wong said...

wow, everyone there seems to have loads of fun !!!
garrrhhhh, one day i shall visit singapore... one day...

Anonymous said...

I went to Singapore before - Its hot every damn day. But ... I never heard of this place: where is it? Is it well advertised? well known? I'm pissd, cos I had to suffer thru all the heat and humidity, when there was a oasis...