Monday, March 19, 2007

Mission: Conquer Mount Kinabalu - Day 1

Day 1

And so, on Thursday morning, the journey began! This is the plane we took on our 9 30am
flight to Kota Kinabalu.



The seats were rather cramped, even for someone short like me.



And it didnt help that my Excellent Seating Neighbour occupied 30% of my area with his
head falling over into my zone.



But the sky looked nice...the clouds looked like nice puffs of something delicious.



Being not very smart, I am easily impressed. This little nifty trick impressed me - tying em
together to prevent the soap bottle from flying ard.



I was slightly moved by the sight of this young boy guiding his grandma along. Something I
don't often see here in KL. Sabahans are such good people.



Then we went to whack what Sabah is famous for...seafood!



And on the way to Kinabalu park, I saw this magnificent rainbow. But due to the moving bus &
my dubious photography non skills, my photo doesnt quite reflect its actual grandioseness.



Ahh...a photograph moment.



Here we are at KK Park, where all the fun supposedly begins.



OK, at our Mersilau accommodations...all decked out for our dinner now.



Ahh...our steamboat buffet dinner! Can't beat that if you're in a cold locale.



And this is my lodgings for that night. Reminds me terribly of my holidays in Melbourne, in places like Bogong & Marysville & Lakes Entrance etc...Got all nostalgic for a bit & wandered
off alone to reminisce and soak in the feelings a bit.



Well thats my sleeping quarters for Night One. After 16 hours of travelling, I was happy to
just collapse on my bed.



Of course, after showering and putting on moisturizer. This is a pic of before climb, to compare to later after climb.

After that I hit the bed and dropped like a sack of potatoes. Gone to the world.


No comments: