Friday, March 09, 2007

M & MMF!

I cannot believe I haven't heard their stuff before. This group is good! Their songs sounded great in concert, but I attributed that to the 'Live' factor, and thought perhaps on albums it wouldn'tbe so good. But I've
been pleasantly surprised! Astounding. They are like a hard Coldplay, or an edgier U2. Who am I talking about?
Why, Muse of course! With them pounding in my ears, I can
run and run and run and not drop. Knights of Cydonia...Newborn..Sunburn...Time is Running Out...Hysteria...
just the tip of the iceberg baby. For my KK climb, I'm definitely gonna pack meself
a big serving of Muse.

Yesterday was a tough day at work. I then proceeded to ask members of The Scholars to come out for a drink. But before that, to vent some frustrations, I went to the gym and
proceeded to train on that..step up right leg while the left leg do down and vice versa watchamacallit machine. Normally the ones right in front of the panel of TV screens. I reckon it would be a good training for a KK trek. So after burning 400 calories on that, I went and ran on 
the treadmill for another 200 calories. Why mention this? Wait and watch. Patience my friend. 

It was a nice surprise to see The Scholars (those in KL) turning out in full to offer support to 1 of
their own (aka me). And then we drank...2 extra strong Black Russians later, I was feeling much
better until my friend decided to prove to me why going to the gym to lose calories is an exercise
in futility given my propensity to indulge in high calorie fluids. Supposedly 4 beers = 600 cals or
s'thing like that. WTF?!?! So all that running and watnot came to .. nought?!

But wait! Comfort lurks in the shadows. After today's review with the director (and then a long overdue haircut) I'm heading down under! Oh yea baby...for what? None other than...(thanks Esplanade!)...the Mosaic Music Festival! Looking f'ward to it!

Packing (clothes n stuff to wear)? Check.
$SGD (must)? Check.
Singtel Simcard (ring ring)? Check.
Passport (duh)? Check.
Tickets (2 way)? Check.
Book (to read)? Check.

Now just throw in some excitement, hopefully get a rockin review, drink tonnes, and come back to a few more months of DRP. Life...suddenly...rox again. Adios amigos hastalavista babies and have fun, my little gringos!

No comments: