Thursday, October 25, 2007

$$$


We recently announced a dip in quarterly earnings. But on the good side, after a regional meeting, we have been declared as having the best factory in Asia, and are third in the world.
Wow! Thats great, to be a part of something like that. Knowing that part of that comes from an assessment based on a criteria that includes quality and costs, and knowing that I contributed tangibly to that, is a great feeling.


The reason I can wake up and not feel too shitty about this job is because the people, the colleagues, are great. Another thing is that the distance from home is fine. One reason why I left my old job for this is that in this job, I get to see touch feel experience n all that, the stuff I am producing, whereas back in EY, it was just a matter of producing a service, and that wasn't quite tangible or solid. Just gobbledegook on a laptop in some report. It fills me with pride to go around airports and see our products there, and seeing products that I was a part of.


However, begininng to think of bigger picture. There's so many other considerations. There's the fact that the pay isn't so hot. I guess 75th percentile is not too bad, but when I consider the fact that the gf is so smart intelligent and capable and poised to earn more and more, I cannot just rest on my laurels and happily allow her to earn more and more than me. Manly pride and ego yea yea.


Hmmm....? Money is really coming to the fore...how to make more of it... and use less of it... haha...lots of ideas coming my way and bouncing around. But first and foremost, lets concentrate on the current job eh?

Had lunch at Old Town Kopitiam. These such franchises are sprouting up all over town. Hence, I've got a great idea. First of all, think of something well, a concept store, and set it up. Make it really good. Like Rotiboy, Secret Recipe, Old Town Kopitiam...then, set up a chain...then sell the whole frickin franchise. See! Guaranteed money. Now, all I got to do is ... come out with the idea.

What sells?

No comments: