Sunday, October 14, 2007

Prayer

Prayer gets you closer to God. I have no doubt about that.

Of late I find that my prayers involve praying about and for others, and not that much for myself. This is a pleasing discovery, because it shows I have matured a little bit compared to 10 years ago when I used to pray for...myself and only myself.

It didnt cross my mind before this. Its not something i consciously do, to avoid praying for myself and only for others. I guess i realize i am very blessed and in the grand scheme of things, there are others who need more praying for. also, i see the wisdom in praying for what God would want...and not just what Alex wants. I wonder if praying for others is more powerful.. perhaps I shall ask my friends what they want, pray they get it, and get them to do likewise for me..

I am kidding.

If anyone notices this blog making more and more references to Christianity,
please do not be alarmed. I will try to keep this a non religious blog, but, whatever i am, i am, and i am proud of it and will not overly censor it.

it is not enough to just go to church, pray and call urself a christian. a true christian, a good christian, also behaves in a way that is so good, so happy, that it spurs others to ask, what is it that makes him so? christianity? what is this? it must be something good!

that would be a good and practical way of doing what God wants for us to do, and hey, i love things that are good and practical.

No comments: