Saturday, November 11, 2006

Chronicles of growth...



Now playing..."Rurouni Kenshin - Parting (piano)"

I never asked to be born. But I was. And I was literally dragged kicking out of the soft lazy comforts of the womb to the world. Well, if you were bald, couldn't speak, fat, red, needed to be fed, suffered the indignity of having ur privates exposed to the world, had no control over your lavatorial functions, and were to start a life of hard work n toil, would you not come bawling as well? How to appear cute?!
It all started with an act of copulation b/w 2 very plain looking people (which explains my painfully plain self).

And then there was me. At first I was a normal baby. Then I refused to drink milk or eat or whatever. Pretty soon I had grown into a malnourished little boy.

Thats me in the red white ensemble staring at the camera trying to unhook my lower jaw

Then I grew. Then I stopped growing. Well in between, I don't have softcopy photos anymore and maybe I will scan em one day. Eventually, I ended up like this:

Taken at school camp in Yr 7

And this:

Year 7 KKB Camp

Ahh the disgruntled look of youth...

Somehow, against all expectations, I continued not to grow...

This is in Yr 8..Young Dynamic Explorers Camp at Awana

Well I shall skip you the year by year growth (not much of it) chart torture. We shall fast forward..

And so here I am..in 2001, deciding that no, being vain out of necessity (darn, plain parents) is NOT an embarassing hide in closet secretly put cucumber on eyes kinda thing...and its NOT GAY.


Then, my sister got married! To her beau of like, 10 years...

Sister's wedding 2003.. must look appropriately fierce so nobody dares to bully her

Aish...the duties of a brother.

And then I graduated...
Can spot me? No fringe..cheapskate Melb uni no Hat! For those who suspect whether I do possess a tertiary qualification...here u go!

Then 2005 rolled around...which caught me slobbing through life...

Dimsum on a cold winter morning, Scholars only

And just before leaving Melbourne, decided to go around taking some photos..
St Kilda Road..the last go round b4 leavin'

Aish...the good ol carefree times

IJ! Ah...good ol IJ...

[2006] And the latest reincarnation:

I AM BACK IN KL!

At Cathay Cineleisure just after it opened..b4 the crowds, the graffiti was what really stood out..so nice to see M'sia embrace this stuff for a change, n giving our graffiti artists a place to legally showcase their works..S'pore is way ahead of us here

[Sept] Company treasure hunt - my team..(honestly? if everyone played fair we would have gotten a podium spot lar!)


And..most of the (then) workgang..


As I look back over the photos...I can see the change coming over me..maybe its coz i know myself best... but theres the younger/more naive version slowly looking more jaded and guarded. ANYWAY...this post is supposed to LEAD into the next post...which is coming up..!

No comments: