Sunday, November 12, 2006

How a napkin became a transmogrifier


Listening to...Jack Johnson: Breakdown [in fact, the entire album is on queue]

I was surfing through my photo archives.. when I happened to chance across this photo, taken at that Vietnamese restaurant at 1 B'sar.


Now why is this significant?
Well, this napkin was folded in the EXACT same way that I used to fold (and teach new recruits) the napkins at the *classy Thai restaurant* where I used to work back when I was a little mosquito in Melb. So this really brought back a lot of memories...and I took a little walk down memory lane...but thats a post for another day =) Anyway I tried to fold the napkin that way again...and I totally couldn't! I forgot completely. Its funny how something I could do while sleeping 2 years ago, I completely forgot now, due to lack of practice. It makes me wonder...well, they say practice makes perfect, and lack of practice makes 1 forget, so, if intimacy and constant physical togetherness is required maintain a rship, how about the lack of it? On my part, I can attest its not so, but, maybe not everyone is like me. And I can understand that. Hmm... Just like how some people could have been so in love..but that was once upon a time, in another place, another world..its sad isn't it? How circumstances and times shape and change people...I guess thats just people evolving..

Anyway there was a neat little item there ..

Think Az took this photo..

Then I stumbled across this little gimmick..


Little gimmick

The white part is plate + bowl, the blue stuff is ... just little hard pellets.
And when you put a lighter to the blue pellets, they became alight, like a self burning source of fuel used to heat/cook whatever is in that bowl, right then and there! How amazing... jakun people like me...really find this an eyeopener.

Self burning pellet

The nice thing about the entire One B'sar area, which is a great place to hang out, and chill with a nice drink and great company, is the whole environment...they TRY to make it look nice..

Can you imagine little ducklings in there?

And when I saw this gem...I was immediately reminded of s'thing I find very true and profound..

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."

--From Romeo and Juliet (II, ii, 1-2)

The Bard



I think I shall lie down and enjoy my last few minutes of freedom and listen to Jack Johnson...sigh...another week of work begins in a few hours...

No comments: