Saturday, November 11, 2006

Of staggering and Jo

Drifting in and out of alternate periods of sleep and wakefulness on a rainy Saturday afternoon...
Devoid of emotions save for tiredness physically and mentally...
What better way to pass time then to sleep/blog/music/read/sleep/blog?

As you can see, I might not blog everyday but when I do it comes in 1 big flurry...

Like rapid fire staccato bursts of gunfire... I emerge from a woozy sleep induced daze to park myself at the keyboard, read something interesting, plop, an idea drops on my lap, and away I go to blog about it...and after an appropriately mind numbing post (I know I know I'm not the most briliant writer) my eyes start to close slowly again...and then I turn around and crawl back under the covers. B4 the whole cycle repeats itself again. And the bouts of sleep are hardly fitless.

But you know what? I cannot think of a better way to spend today. The sheeeer joy of not being at work or preoccupied with work stuff, which actually permeates into virtually aspect of my life literally, completely overrides everything else.

I mean, after 12-13 hour days at work for the week, and a late night last night, and then going into work for a few hrs this morning, my situation is understandable right?

This reminds me of my Melbourne days, where I would remain awake into the morning, sleep at the break of dawn, and emerge as the sun set, stumbling in a daze onto the sidewalk as I spilled out of my humble place of abode, eyes blinking rapidly, staggering and trying to keep my balance. I must have looked a sight, another Viet druggie in a drug induced stupor.

At times like these, there is nothing better than loud pumped up music, letting in fresh air and sunlight, dressing up, and going somewhere nice.

Makes you feel alive again, y'know?

OK next order of business for the day.

I understand that everyone works really hard during the week, so I was OK that nothing happened on my birthday, which fell on Thursday. They have more than made up/still making up for it this wkend, hence my current spent state. But still, it would have been nice to not be alone and squatting in my room watching the clock silently count away the last few hours of that 1 special day for myself. Hence, thanks Jo!...For being so valiant and coming out at an SMS' notice, inspite of the rain and ur respiratory issues. You might not realize it, but I did enjoy that little snippet of time that I could be not alone, as I am pretty sure that with the current state of affairs at work, I would have fallen back onto work related thoughts - not pleasant.

1) Now you know why I had to buy, and not let you do so. Its a silly thought on my behalf but like I sort of would like to think if I paid for dinner on my birthday, somehow some cosmic effect would be that I can continue to earn enough to do that everyday.

2) Pls cut down on the carbs, especially so late at night.

3) Eat less fried food, n sugar laden liquids! Watch ur health woman!

Hope the below eases the confusion.

This the one in KL


The Fullerton, Sg


BTW, some of you (if I know you like I think I know you) would enjoy this great site - blog by Dilbert's author. Check my links on the sidebar.

No comments: