Sunday, November 05, 2006

Good Mood Post

Many, many years ago...

My aunt: (to my cousin)..Here, Y, eat this.. its good for you.. (hands Y a small tub of yogurt..the natural, plain originals)
Cousin: Whats that..why white white one...(eyes yogurt suspiciously)
Aunt: Yogurt la...small boy don't ask so much.. just eat.
Cousin: OK..
Aunt walks away...5 mins later...she walks back..sees Y sitting in front of TV, no sign of yogurt..
Aunt: Wah! Y! Wheres your yogurt.. how can so fast you finish the whole tub!
Cousin: (screws up face) Ya la! Yuck man! The whole tub I threw away already!
Aunt: HAH! THROW! Expensive ok! Why!
Cousin: Spoilt already la! All sour sour one!


ahh... found that quite funny la...yogurt IS sour!

haha!
today woke up with the intention of going in to work...all the way til...whenever...no limit.. end up..dilly dally..procrastinate.. tempted by the joys of life...the myriad material trappings that life has to offer..so ended up meeting some friends for lunch...banana leaf (again!). ahh..but will try to make it into work later.

well yesterday (Sat) I really wanted to go back to work in the morning...spend the whole day there...but I had a really late night the night b4...so I woke kinda late.. dilly dally a bit.. by the time I left home... it was drizzling...a few minutes later...it POURRRED. and I saw the road leading to work being jammed. SO, with all these weak and flimsy excuses, I made a spur of the moment to head towards my current FAVOURITE weekend hangout, which, incidentally, is about the distance of the length of one coldplay song (beautiful world) from my home. love it!

ahh...whatever i want, ITS there! ok, upstairs, got And 1. downstairs, got Borders. Starbucks. Fitness First. Myriad of interesting alfresco options. Sushi. various craft stores.
what else would i need? and at night theres Cineleisure (I love this place, with its lighting and the visually pleasing and refreshing graffiti downstairs) & Laundry (which has grown by leaps and bounds...when it first opened, there wasn't that many people, and definitely very little Chinese...starting to gain a rep which is a far cry from today...we could get seats anytime...then...the owners did some great things...bringing in local acts for gigs..and now it has attracted a vast clientele of all sorts and table availability is a scarce commodity indeed.. which is understandable once their crowd includes aunties uncles and kids). oh saw something interesting in the curve yesterday...apparently.. they built this glass thingie n made ppl pass away time in there and ppl can watch them from outside...


quite interesting but i looked for 2 seconds then decided not to look on la..but i canont imagine or understand why ppl are willing to be inside, gawked n gaped at... i personally might feel a little degraded...but no offense to those who are sporting enough to go ahead with it...kudos to you, u did what i cant do.


So after another lazy weekend afternoon of Borders, Starbucks, etc, I felt much more rejuvenated and ready to brave another week of work. Ahh...why the weekend pass soooo fast?!

Then as I drove home...it was still raining...and..my discman was playing Coldplay's Beautiful World.

Which brought back an onslaught of memories from my days as a student in Melbourne.. ahh..good old Melbourne, land of fashionistas, pastas, fajitas, chivas, pinadas.... Anyway yea, u know how a song or a moment could just sooo transport you back very definitively to a point in your past? Well..back in those days.. I used to cycle (usually after my Oracle lectures) to Citybaths. When it was winter, it would be dark already, sometimes drizzling, and I loved the short bike ride when I felt so free and happy (lectures over for the day) and could pedal off swiftly into the dark with my raincoat over my head and Beautiful World blaring (not too loud - safety afterall, must be observed and not entirely neglected!) in my ears. From the point I pedalled off into the rain soaked night til I arrived at Citybaths would be about the same time as it took for the song to finish, and I would be, accurate as clockwork, locking my bike outside the Baths as the song wound up. So since this moment was soo similar, I decided to capture it forever on video (cameras next to you is very handy).

But stupid Blogspot won't allow me to friggin upload short videos!!!

No comments: