Saturday, November 11, 2006

Flashback...in appreciation



Quote of the day: Every Jordan needs a Pippen in life. Not just basketball.

Listening to...Peter Gabriel - I Grieve


When we had that Drama exam b4 leaving Trinity? And I came up with that whole idea of you being the comatose brother (sorry! but u did a good job leaking saliva with a stoned faraway look in ur eyes.)? And that idea of killing you off while Peter Gabriel's I Grieve is playing? And when I did kill you off with that pillow and the crowd went wild and clapped? And everyone was still talking about our performance some years later? People kept asking did I use onions to cry. I said yep. But I lied, for dignity reasons. Truth is.I really did tear. And I did that by imagining what life would be if that wasn't just Drama class.


Trinity College - Autumn, 2000

And then. We had a chat after that, just the 2 of us, just like the ones we used to have. I shan't go into what we said. But its moments like these that make me realize, I'm not ever really ever literally alone alone. Not with friends like these. I'm glad we met when we were.. what, 14, 15? And went to Melb together at 17...and listened to Out Of Africa in ur living room...and broke ur glass playing basketball in ur room..and running from rats in my room..and killing the rat in Cardigan...and comforting me when I had a ghostly experience

...and lying in ur room staring at the ceiling fan spinning slowly with the glow in the dark stars...and suffered/mucked through uni years together...

Home..for 6 years..

and braved Uncle Joe and the haunted Palmerston House...sort of took care of each other.. graduated together...and 10 years on are still friends. Whoever could have envisioned us like this, back when we were making Mrs Sathi jokes in AddMaths? And being disgusted at Mr Loo's stick whole hand into pants to scratch ass with scritch scritch sound. Tassie..


The photography sessions


Fighting against those who sought to steal our home court..


Acting like kids again at Sentosa...


Trying to be grown up when we clearly weren't ready..
- - - -

Here's to the next 10 years.


MahaDren, the Best Friend. Totally.

- - - - -


No comments: