Saturday, November 11, 2006

Rainy lazy Saturday afternoons...

*WARNING* PHOTO HEAVY POSTS ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR TODAY




Listening to...Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Tenderly



Ah...after the appropriately late night as befitting the occasion, I stumbled into bed, was awake in what seemed a second, and was off to work by 8am. But by the time 10 30 rolled around...I was THIS *makes a 1mm gap b/w thumb and forefinger* close to rolling over onto my side and gasping like a goldfish denied water...

Well, after flailing around a bit I decided that my levels of concentration were nowhere near what they needed to be to perform at optimum levels as was expected of me, so I did the usual - tell Fac A I am going to Fac C, tell Fac C vice versa, and then walked out of whichever Factory I am in, and head straight home. Muahaha pray do not snitch on me.

Touched base station at 11am...took a quick shower.. and hey presto lo and behold I am wide awake again! And decided to go blogging...b4 heading out in the afternoon and perhaps tonight..

*Update update* >>> This jus in: another guys only night out tonight.

We seem to have a lot of these...a disgruntled lot we are.

Well, gripes aside, I have this photographer friend who is admittedly light years ahead of me in skill and experience. In fact Mahaguru Dren was the one who pushed my fledgling interest into the somewhat blurry grey area of avid amateur with no time/skill/patience/$.


A specimen of MahaDren's handiwork from last night...

And he has kindly sent me more camwhoring pics of last night to load up. How efficient.

K lets do this chronologically.



Drivin down...

Really like this pic...just the right items in it, without the main doors/window etc..

Here we go again...

And so, the night endeth...

As we made our way home, me and MahaDren launched into a long discussion on the magic of music...and we discovered yet another thing in common...

Robbie Williams - Mr Bojangles (Live at Knebworth version)

Ahh..we both agree its not just a great song.. its a beautiful and magical song. Why? Well, this version beats all other versions. Its indescribable, it's just magical. The piano, the song itself, the pace..aih...*contented*. Well, when you first hear a song, the ambience, mood, person you're with, atmosphere, timing, etc, all really ties in together to make or break it. And I suppose he was doing something somewhere when he first heard it that really sold it to him. I know I was...but what the situation was, I cannot tell.

- - -

Robbie: 'Let me start again. Maxie, when you play this music, it makes me feel really sad..'
Crowd: 'Awww.....'
Robbie: 'Do you wanna know why. Because me and Max were having a chat before the show tonight. And we realized the [can't catch it] was here, the time was right, and then we thought - What does it mean? Without love? Without a girlfriend? [Pause]
Robbie: 'Umm ..is there anybody in love in the audience tonight? You 2 down there. How long have you been going out with each other? Married. 10 years! See thats love right there for you. Congratulations. You look great together. This is for you. This is 'She's the One'.

- - -

And when you couple in the piano playing..the Brit accent..and the concert atmosphere (I of course wasn't there but I've been to concerts b4 and I can so picture it)..its just magic.

But wait! Thats not all. MahaDren says the next part, the next song, is conjoined and its very nice how he switches the lyrics with the couple's names.

I must get a copy of it!!!



No comments: