Thursday, November 23, 2006

Pensive...



Listening to...Credence Clearwater Revival - Have you ever seen the rain?



Someone told me long ago theres a calm before the storm, I know; its been comin for some time. When its over, so they say, itll rain a sunny day, I know; shinin down like water. Chorus: I want to know, have you ever seen the rain? I want to know, have you ever seen the rain Comin down on a sunny day? Yesterday, and days before, sun is cold and rain is hard, I know; been that way for all my time. til forever, on it goes through the circle, fast and slow, I know; it cant stop, I wonder. Chorus Yeah! Chorus


Last night after work I went for dinner at Jake's. It wasn't my first time, but last time I was there, they played some blues tunes, which was fine. Last night, was an album of cover versions. Hmm...I was happily listening to the conversation at the table while humming the tunes in my head, and then they started up Have you Ever Seen the Rain...now I don't know who sang their cover version, but as far as I am concerned, my favourite is Credence Clearwater Revival's version. To me, theirs is easily the best. Very nice.

Well, under normal circumstances, people who have heard this might go well whats the big deal? Just that when the song played..it brought back a lot of memories...it reminded me so strongly of the time when I went to Cairns for a holiday. Because I had it, among others, playing on my discman the whole time. It was just after my graduation in 2004 (goodness, 2 years already! I was just bloody 22 then!) and I was so looking forward to going to a sunny place for a holiday..and Cairns promised, and turned out to be, all that and so much more.

It was awesome, as I got to live sort of the backpacker lifestyle, sharing rooms with other people, living in backpacker territory, mingling with backpackers, and living sort of on a shoe string budget (not really la..no discipline..this also want, that also want..). We met a suspected gay Brit couple, a Captain Piccard lookalike, Koreans, Japanese, Europeans, Americans...

Ahh...so I just got a little pensive..shall share below some of the Cairns photos...

_____________________________
Now listening to..Rod Stewart - Sailing

Taken with underwater camera at the Great Barrier Reef: Corals!


Taken with underwater camera at the Great Barrier Reef: 2 SCUBA divers way beneath me

On board our clipper boat..taken @ sunset, this is the platform we use to enter the water

The same platform during the day..my, look at the vast blue ocean

Our gear on board the clipper..ship front

Climbing to the top @ Lighthouse Point, highest point of Fitzroy Island

Sunset, off Fitzroy Island

Looking down from the top of Lighthouse Point...feels like Coral Island (Ballantyne) already!


View on the hike up to Light house Point..just like a LOTR scene! Had to take

The blue lagoon


Imagining Coral Island again

Cairns ..beachfront. That girl walking by IS really just coincidence


Soaking in the sun, feeling it on my back after months of the Melb winter


The best Japanese restaurant in Cairns



Aish..I want back my holidays!



No comments: