Sunday, November 19, 2006

TechnoAhBengFreak-The Reawakening - Dedication to Trance



Christopher Lawrence.

A FUCKING GOOD BASS BEAT.

DEEP STRONG POWERFUL THUMPS THAT invades your every fibre and forces its way into your head and expands til there is nothing else in existence.

Space to move.

Lights. The blinking flashing rapid on/off white lights that is perfect for the robot dance.

Colorful strobes.

Happy people.

Strangers smiling laughing hugging.

A good tune.



Since Ruums changed management (ew yuck to their new programmes) some time ago, life has not been the same.

Instead of my occassional sojournes there to feel alive, now I find myself (on rare occasions) being restless and yearning for something to make me get THAT feeling again. THAT feeling is something indescribable, something very magic.

THAT feeling:

- Can only be gotten from the adrenaline and rush I feel when I'm out there,
- Trance/harddance/good techno (please, no soundtracks infused with a bass).

There is something indescribably fucking fun when you have had:

- A few (preferably more) drinks
- Ciggies (Dunhill Buttons for me only please),
- Deep deep solid bass pounding in my ears
- The vibrations from the speakers on my skin, the sweat, the heat, the adrenaline running through my body, and I just move move move...just have to move.. the music does not allow you to stay still.
- Music is like a persistent friend, it cajoles coaxes caresses and finally pulls u off your comfortable spot right smack onto the floor and before you know it your hands and legs have taken on a life of its own.

. . . . . . .

It all started a long time ago...Aish...I miss those pure times...the togetherness one feels when raving. Nobody gives a shit if u can dance/rave. Of course if you can dance well you get cheers but if you don't no issue! Ppl wore all sorts of different phats as a means of self expression and outlet of creativity, not like towards the end where it was see who has the most expensive/trying to one up each other. Aih...DOME...those dance til 7am emerge staggering into the sunlight don't even realize toes are cracked, skin under feet is like shredded, shoes also more or less destroyed, and feet aching and sometimes got blood... and u never realize all this til the music stops. Admittedly I never went much...but the times I did.. were great. Strangers hugging, laughing, welcoming, dancing together, unlike now where its about attn hogging grabbing the limelight n trying to one up each other. Shudder. Mostly, I went commercial, like QBH, Sirens etc...but it was still fun.

But then..haha...time to 'grow up' and 'focus on studies' [yea right]...haha...took a hiatus. Til I discovered Ruums. But now its gone.

THEN. Last night. After the company annual dinner... off we went to Velvet...dunno...of late I really really cant stand RnB anymore...RnB was so...I don't know.. 'last time', for lack of a better word. Its only good if you want to feel up girls. Really. Which I am so not into. I go clubbing to CLUB. Not to pick up girls or get cheap thrills. Too much pride for that. So.. midway into the night... received SMS from H and gang at zouk mainroom...woot! Glanced at my colleagues standing around me in various states of sleaziness and fun...didnt want to interrupt anyone... RAN off to zouk..and...had the best time I have had in a v berry long time!

Trance and Techno - May we always worship at the altar of your bass.

No comments: