Monday, July 02, 2007

Be Bop A Lu Le

*Backtracked post...date reflects date it was written*

You know that song by John Paul Young, Love is in the air, from that excellent movie, Strictly Ballroom? Where he twirls and twirls her around, and they stay enraptured in each other’s arms…I’d love to do that to my girl. Anyway, instead of singing ‘love is in the air’, KEEP THAT TUNE, but switch it with ‘Elvis’ in the air’.

Yep, the King is alive again!

OK, sorry for the false alarm. It’s Elvis night tonight in MY room!

“Suspicious Minds” >>>

Because I love you too much baby
Why can’t you see
What you’re doing to me
When you don’t believe a word I say
We can’t go on together
With suspicious minds
And we can’t build our dreams
On suspicious minds

“Always on my mind” >>>

Maybe I didn’t treat u Quite as good as I shuld have
Maybe I Didn’t love you Quite as often as I could have
Little things i shud have said n done, I just never took the time
U were alwiz on my mind, U were alwiz on my mind

Maybe I didn’t hold u All those lonely lonely nights
And I guess I never told u Im so happy that ur mine
If I made u feel second best Girl im so sorry I was blind
U were alwiz on my mind U were alwiz on my mind

Tell me, Tell me that your sweet love hasn’t died
Give me, Give me 1 more chance to keep u satisfied

“Are you lonesome tonight” >>>

R u lonesome tonight, Do u miss me tonight
R u sorry we drifted apart, Does ur memory stray
To a brighter summer day, When I kissed u
And called u sweet love

Do the chairs in ur apartment, Seem empty n bare
Do u gaze at ur doorstep, And picture me there
Is ur heart, Filled with pain

Shall I come back again, Tell me dear
Are u lonesome, Tonight

I wonder if, Ur lonesome tonight. U know someone said that the world is a stage
And we r jus playing a part. Fate had me playing ur love u as my sweetheart
Act one was when we met. I loved u at first glance
U read ur lines so cleverly, N never missed a cue.
And then came act 2, U seemed to change, U acted strange.
And y ive never known. Honey u lied, When u said u love me.
And I had no cause to doubt u. But I’d rather go on hearing ur lies
Than to go on living without u

Now the stage is bare. And im standing there. With emptiness all around.
And if u wont come back to me. Then they can bring the curtain down

Is ur heart filled with pain. Shall I come back again
Tell me dear. Are u lonesome tonight.


My verbal ability to articulate what is on my mind has never been really good, but of late, it has slipped several notches. Unfortunately, when it comes to emotions, I struggle even more. This is especially so for certain emotions. But fear not, for there is this creation called music. As Hans Christian Andersen said, “Where words fail, music speaks”. Music evokes memories and emotions that mere words are not able to conjure. They can tell the whole story. They carry messages. So apt. Victor Hugo was right when he said “Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent”.

No comments: