Friday, July 20, 2007

A GIRL LIKE YOU

Recently, re-reading a book I read a long time ago, back in Melb. I stumbled across the mention of a song.

It was a song that I used to love. And after stumbling across it in the book, I trawled through my music archives, found it, and listened to it again and again. Instantly thrown back in time. Can imagine it playing in the background as I fall backwards at great speed through a tunnel with lots of bright colors and alternating darkness and light. Can remember the cigarettes, the booze, the wasted degenerative lifestyle, the speeding, glue sniffing...with this soundtrack playing lustily in the background. Followed by #1 Crush by Garbage.

Perfect for loud volume, dark rooms lit by a solitary tealight, as you look concentratedly at it, damaging yourself on purpose. Drip candle wax on your arms to feel the pain and to feel alive.



The video is awesome. Any girl who dances like that...has got me. Seriously got me. It's not a difficult move.

But it's not all macabre stuff. It truly is a very sexy song.

No comments: