Monday, July 09, 2007

T'was a good wkend!

[Still at work and its 11pm! Work's such a bitch sometimes. But you know what? I'm still filled with warm fuzzy feelings left over from my wkend, and shan't let this spoil my mood! So...blog away I go.]
[Warning: Post filled with pics of my wkend getaway to PD. Too bad KY couldnt join us.]
"Why do all good things come to an end.."
We went to PD...and trekked up a hill to... see a lighthouse!I'm the idiot in the middle row on the right side sticking his leg out above that smiling girl in blue.
T'was a wonderful wkend, a reunion of sorts. See, back in Melb, I had this bunch of super tight close knit friends, and there were times when we loved each other so so much that we had to see each other like everyday. Like literally every moment. We'd meet up, spend the evening and night together, have sleepovers, wake up groggy next morning, head home, and we'd meet again for lunch and hang out. We had the most elaborate and wonderful birthday celebrations for each other. We played the silliest games which were the most fun, and did all sorts of antics n stuff together. We even…dragged.

Thats me with the floppy hair sitting right at the back on the left, with the stupid grin.

Unfortunately, commitments, distance, relationships, and just the drag of the stuff we have to do nowadays have come between us physically, so we really don’t meet up much anymore. Of course, even though I don’t see them often, I’d like to think that our bonds are almost as tight as they were once, coz I definitely still love and appreciate them. When we do meet up, we pick up right where we left off, almost as if there was no interruption.




Though I don’t show it and express it, I really do care for these people in my own thwarted ways. So when a quite impromptu trip to the beach was planned…I jumped in. I didn't plan it, didn't know much about it, didnt even pack for it...just..remember the date, time, venue, and I zoooomed down. And what a wkend it turned out to be! And I'm happy also coz I got to wear my beach gear and Singha shirt.


And at the end, my best friend who was there mentioned to me he could see how happy I was. And after that, it just made me realize…I’m so lucky, to have such great friends. I probably don’t deserve it. But I do appreciate and treasure them, and after reading another friend’s recent blog post about how the proximity you are to your friends influence your happiness [can't agree more J], I feel grateful that wherever I’ve been, I’ve never wanted for friends. Of course, the trip came to an end all too soon...but it reawakened in me how much I treasure and appreciate having this bunch of people, who have in their own ways, made me better, made me worse, but most of all, helped shaped me to be me. The trip might have ended...but the reawakened ties won't.


They say a picture tells a thousand words.

Well this picture needs some serious cropping!

No comments: